• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much perfomance increase for games to expect with new Ryzen+ (or Ryzen 2)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rakanoth

Registered
I have been reading about Ryzen CPUs coming in 2018. Some call them Ryzen 2 and some Ryzen+.

Considering the old performance leaps between previous generation AMDs (be it a large or small leap), how much performance increase can we expect in terms of gaming? 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% ... ?

I am asking this because I am not very much familiar with AMD's performance increases between "generations". It also depends on the architecture of course. Some architectures can facilitate huge performance increases, I guess. Is Ryzen one of those architectures that can possible provide a relatively large performance increase with the next generation?

Maybe need to rephrase: How promising is Ryzen 2 (or Ryzen+)?

We really have no idea how much better R2 will be we havent seen any leaks . R1 is getting alot closer clock for clock to intel . But intel has a big Clock speed advantage over ryzen . So IMO r2 they will be aiming to get the clock in the 4.5-5ghz range . Where did you read 2018 for R2 ? I thought that was just going to be the APU / vega parts . I would not expect to see R2 till late 2019 . We also have no word from AMD that they will work with the current Chipset ( I expect they wont)

We really have no idea how much better R2 will be we havent seen any leaks . R1 is getting alot closer clock for clock to intel . But intel has a big Clock speed advantage over ryzen . So IMO r2 they will be aiming to get the clock in the 4.5-5ghz range . Where did you read 2018 for R2 ? I thought that was just going to be the APU / vega parts . I would not expect to see R2 till late 2019 . We also have no word from AMD that they will work with the current Chipset ( I expect they wont)

It's been floating around for a month or so http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-to-launch-12nm-ryzen-in-february.html

I read somewhere (probably from all the advertising AMD did on Ryzen startup) about a Ryzen+ which was supposed to be a refinement (like Skylake-Kabylake), and Ryzen2 was to show up sometime 2018-2019 ?

Back