• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often do you change cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How often do you change cases?

• after 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • after 2 years

Votes: 134 17.2%
  • after 3 years

Votes: 117 15.0%
  • Over 3 years

Votes: 327 41.9%
  • less than 1 year

Votes: 44 5.6%
  • Every time a new standard comes out

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • I own a laptop

Votes: 25 3.2%
  • I change my case more often than I change underwear :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Eobard eats catnip

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • Oni is a ninja

Votes: 102 13.1%

• Total voters
I have had 3 cases in the last 10 years. I just upgraded to a better quality case with more room each time. just as my tastes and needs changed.

Guess I'm crazy cause I go tru at least 2 or 3 cases a year... I just get bored and start cleaning and putting new setups together.... been tru haf-x,armor,932,900,nzxt 2 diff colors and plenty more...

Going to have to replace the 5 year old Antec Solo now. Daughter thought she was hitting the on button and she was hitting the restart. Of course since it didn't start up she kept pushing and broke it. I had already super glued one side of the start button. Not sure super glue would hold both sides of the restart button. Of course I could use a case with better cooling and we are making a trip to Houston which has two different Frys and a Microcenter.

I should probably change mine soon :D

Faux floppy drive = win :thup:

I lost the eject button somewhere :bang head

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 150
Hmmmm, I've had 3 cases in the past 3 years on my main rig.... Currently contemplating replacing my case again..... The Silverstone TJ04-E is just so damn sexy!

Last edited:
I've changed mine once and that was about 3 years ago... I might buy a new case for when I go to Ivy Bridge and just leave this system alone / ship it off to colo or give it to my parents to use.

Way more often now, average is around once every 2 months. Doing case reviews causes a lot of swapping :D

I'm considering moving my HTPC from my Fractal R3 to a Silverstone GD05B..... That would free my Fractal case up for my main rigs components for if I upgrade to a Trinity system later this year, and the Fractal can become my LAN gamer rig.

If you were to review the GD05B it'd be appreciated Bobnova..... Will Silverstone be kind enough to give you one? ;)

Last edited:
usually about every 2-3 builds. My AMD system is the 3rd in that HAF 932 v1 Case. My i7-2600k is in the new HAF 932 v2 Advanced case, and I have a htps in my old TT ElemenG case. The element G case is about 3 years old now, the HAF 912 v1 is about 2 years old, and the HAF 932 v2 Advanced about 6months.

In the last 5 years, I think I've had 20+ cases. Some cheapos, some real expensive ones (even a CaseLabs M8 with Pedestal). I love building in them, even if I'm using the same parts over and over. I just like new cases.

I have 3 cases one I am using now and 2 in my closest not being used I recently wanted to downscale from a Full tower to a mid and purchased the corsair 400R from a Cooler Master Cosmos.

so probably once a year or once a rebuild

I've been averaging about one a year though I think my current case, a Chenming/Chieftech Matrix full tower, will last far longer then my previous cases.
Ancient poll, gotta change my answer. The above case is still in use but now is dedicated to my media server. My best answer is probably around 3 years on average, but that last case actually lasted for 5.

I changed my case about 8months agos. Froma cheap cooler master to the Corsair 600T SE, im going to stick with this case for many years now. So kinda of hard to say.

I normally stick with what i got and mod it.

Back