• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often do you change cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How often do you change cases?

• after 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • after 2 years

Votes: 134 17.2%
  • after 3 years

Votes: 117 15.0%
  • Over 3 years

Votes: 327 41.9%
  • less than 1 year

Votes: 44 5.6%
  • Every time a new standard comes out

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • I own a laptop

Votes: 25 3.2%
  • I change my case more often than I change underwear :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Eobard eats catnip

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • Oni is a ninja

Votes: 102 13.1%

• Total voters
I never change my case unless it has been damaged or, when I buy new hardware that does not fit inside the case that I am using. So far I am on my 2nd case. Since my first computer I bought 11 years ago.

I never change my case unless it has been damaged or, when I buy new hardware that does not fit inside the case that I am using. So far I am on my 2nd case. Since my first computer I bought 11 years ago.

It depends really. this antec is my first new case in 4.5 yrs.

the lian-li before that I got because I wanted a lian-li, I just changed cases without any major upgrades otherwise

the old inwin (oem version of the q2000 server tower without the redundant PS setup) I had before the lian-li was at least 2 or 3 years, and two very different builds

before that i had been through 3 cases in 9 months

So i guess I tend to keep them around for as long as I feel like, heh

Jeff

I think I got my old case in 2003. It is a chieftec dragon matrix series fulltower. I JUST replaced it this past week with a lian li PC-7B+ II.

I've used a nice Lian Li PC-60 for several years. Paid $140 for the case, and wanted to get my monies worth out of it.

This time, I went hog-wild, splurging (so far) $260-270 on this monster case, with Corsair PS, fans, custom cables and connectors, not to mention the $10 a piece drive mounting kits.

But it's a tank, and will look very impressive (at least to me!)

I try and keep my chassis exchanging to a minimum. The key is to find a case with easy access, spaciousness, and future upgradability.

Perfect example:

bix_1.jpg

Last edited:
I still love my old antex sx835II

With my custom 120MM side fan its got great airflow... 80mm HD cage fan, two 80mm FRONT. 2 x 80 MM Rear....Built like a tank...

well i usually keep my case untill i find a good deal on one i really like like the cooler master i have now :p love it and i paid 5 bucks for it, well 15 cause of shipping :D

use to have a tsunami dream case still have it in basement just needs a side panel :p

Years and years....

Until I find a case I REALLY want and it's drastically reduced in price. Older cases just get modded or have machines built for them.

When I have to.

I think my current case was a P4 job, but it may stretch all the way back to the hallowed days of the P3.

If it works it works, dont see the point throwing it away

Back