• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are looking at your submission, you can click the more tab near the top, and under there one of the icons allows you to delete the submission.

I took first place in one of the benches last month on air - submitted wrong info by accident and didn't know how to delete myself. A hwbot mod caught it and deleted it for me.

Oh, I didn't know this. I searched forever trying to find out. I'll take a harder look.

I figured since I couldn't do it myself some sort of "mod" over at HWBot would have to do it.
I will get the hang of this! Hardwire has yet to fail me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 131

Brilliant, thanks a lot. It's no wonder I never saw that tiny icon. I should've looked harder.

I was one more easy question:
I ran 3DMark03 with my overclocked GTX and scored 1.5 boints. I did it again without it being overclocked (to see the difference and get some more boints) and when I submitted it I got no boints for it.

I'm assuming you have to beat your score to get new points, is this correct? What about if I threw in my other GTX for SLI, would that be a whole different setup as I'd have a different GPU setting in the information?
What if I used my GTS in my secondary rig? Will it not score any boints because my GTX is obviously going to out-score it everytime?

Thanks for your help.

Brilliant, thanks a lot. It's no wonder I never saw that tiny icon. I should've looked harder.

I was one more easy question:
I ran 3DMark03 with my overclocked GTX and scored 1.5 boints. I did it again without it being overclocked (to see the difference and get some more boints) and when I submitted it I got no boints for it.

I'm assuming you have to beat your score to get new points, is this correct? What about if I threw in my other GTX for SLI, would that be a whole different setup as I'd have a different GPU setting in the information?
What if I used my GTS in my secondary rig? Will it not score any boints because my GTX is obviously going to out-score it everytime?

Thanks for your help.

Only your best score for any given benchmark with the particular HW gets points. So since you got a better score with the OCed GPU, the other score gets listed but it doesn't get points.

With regards to your question about the GTS.

Only the best score with your particular hardware gets listed.
So say you get a 30k in 06 with the GTX and get 5 hw-points, and get a 20k with the gts and get 10-hw-points they will both count toward your user total for your hardware points cap.
The only time one would take precedence over another is if you are getting globals. But thats another matter for another day.

With regards to your question about the GTS.

Only the best score with your particular hardware gets listed.
So say you get a 30k in 06 with the GTX and get 5 hw-points, and get a 20k with the gts and get 10-hw-points they will both count toward your user total for your hardware points cap.
The only time one would take precedence over another is if you are getting globals. But thats another matter for another day.

So if I were to slap my GTS in this rig I would still be able to get points? And tomorrow when my SLI motherboard comes, if I put in both of GTX's, I would be able to get points.

Yeah, you can get hardware points for the GTS, GTX, and 2x GTX. They will add together.

Hey guys, still working on getting my 20 boints.
I'm currently at 10.40, so I have a full 9.60 to go. Any tips on how to squeeze some more boints? The second setup I have in my sig is at home (not at school with me, I'm in the process of getting it to me).

But until then, any ideas? I've been working like crazy on my new mobo to get high clock speeds and ended up at 4200 just on air which scored me some solid boints.
I can't really think of anything else to run, I've maxed my GPUs out by over-volting them and overclocking them and running benches.

I also can't figure out how to get the Heaven benchmark to submit. Which version is it? 2.5? Everytime I submit the file (.html file) it says the file format is invalid.
I've been reading an awful lot about going cold, is that the best way to really get awesome scores? I'm looking to get into it in the future, just not right now. Currently broke :(
Thanks.

I think that you just need to take screenshot of Heaven, but don't quote me on that. Unfortunately, Amd chips don't like to give out a lot of boints. I think, however, that you should be able to get the 20 you need. :thup: Start a thread up in the public section so it's more obvious that you're looking for help. ;)

I think that you just need to take screenshot of Heaven, but don't quote me on that. Unfortunately, Amd chips don't like to give out a lot of boints. I think, however, that you should be able to get the 20 you need. :thup: Start a thread up in the public section so it's more obvious that you're looking for help. ;)

Thanks for the response.
Will do.

And for Heaven, it only gives me an option of uploading a file. It's just that, no entering hardware configurations or anything. It's kinda weird.

I believe all you have to do is run the benchmark, then keep the finished score window open... Open two instances of cpu-z; set one to the main tab and the other to memory. Then open gpu-z. Press the Prt Scr button on your motherboard and paste into paint. Save and upload. :thup:

I believe all you have to do is run the benchmark, then keep the finished score window open... Open two instances of cpu-z; set one to the main tab and the other to memory. Then open gpu-z. Press the Prt Scr button on your motherboard and paste into paint. Save and upload. :thup:

Nope... not for Heaven. You need to save the bench data file from the Heaven program and upload that.

Thanks for the response.
Will do.

And for Heaven, it only gives me an option of uploading a file. It's just that, no entering hardware configurations or anything. It's kinda weird.

When Heaven finishes and gives you the score window... There will be an option to save the data file for the run.... You save that file and that is what you upload to HWBot.

Thanks for the response.
Will do.

You need to run the Heaven version from Hwbot. here Just grab the light version. Once you upload your file, it will give you the hardware configuration page ;)

How exactly do I have to upload MaxxMem benchmarks?

It said it was invalid and I recieved no points for my submission. I went through the submission part on the MaxxMem application.
I think it was my screenshot. What's required in terms of a screenshot?

I'm running version 1.90 I believe.

I was banging my head against the wall trying to run and submit benchmarks that weren't worth any points when I first started a couple months ago also. If you are in it for the team competition (points) like I am, refer to this page to determine which benches are worth your time to run. The hwboints column is the one you want to pay attention to:
http://hwbot.org/benchmark.do

I was banging my head against the wall trying to run and submit benchmarks that weren't worth any points when I first started a couple months ago also. If you are in it for the team competition (points) like I am, refer to this page to determine which benches are worth your time to run. The hwboints column is the one you want to pay attention to:
http://hwbot.org/benchmark.do

Thanks for this list. I would've been benching over and over trying to get boints, thinking something was wrong if you hadn't told me this.

Well, I flashed my GTS and GTX to get higher overclocks and hopefully get higher marks in 3D03,05, and 06. My GTX couldn't overclock much better than I already had it, but my GTS was able to give me some serious results.
I scored 58385 marks in 3DMark03 and scored about 4 boints :santa:

I think you guys just might have a new benching team member.

Back