• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Benchmarking. After I posted here (Mainly so I could come back easily, second reason was I found it interesting) I went and did some research. I guess I may be able to be part of the team one day.

Do it. Benching is fun and everyone is extremely helpful. If not for all these guys and their wealth of information I'd still be banging my head against a wall trying to figure it out.

Benchmarking. After I posted here (Mainly so I could come back easily, second reason was I found it interesting) I went and did some research. I guess I may be able to be part of the team one day.

Try it out then ;) Most are able to join the team pretty quick, and as bennoculus says, we love to help those who has problems getting there :)

Absolutely! We love having fresh meat... I mean new people!

A fair warning though:
Benching is extremely addictive and may cause the following:
Sleep loss.
Money loss.
Feelings of desperate need for more benching.
Cold burns.
Hot burns.
Withdrawls (read: Benching your brothers laptop, your uncles laptop, your parents HTPC, your netbook, your cell phone)
Blood loss.
Extreme entertainment.
Annoyed spouses.
Glory.
Fame.
Fortune.
More fun then you can shake a stick at.
An irresistible compulsion to convince other people to start benching.
And lastly, a similar compulsion to convince other benchers to buy a pot and go cold.

Tooootal sidenote, I know what we should call the group that has 10 benches submitted but lacks the 20 boints to be a full member:
Benchlings.
Moreover, I'm tempted to set up a Benchling Tournament, my benchlings will beat your benchlings!

And no, in case you're wondering, I did not get enough sleep last night :p

Anyway paratrooper, it's well worth spending the time to read the Benchmark Buffet frontpage article, download the benches (start with the free ones!), and play with them.
All you really have to do to get our undivided attention is post a couple results (ideally having joined the team on HWBot, you can do that right now, no requirements there), that A) gives the team some points (every .1 helps, really!), and B) shows us you're seriousish.
Once you've done that you'll have a hard time escaping us giving you advice, really.

Absolutely! We love having fresh meat... I mean new people!

A fair warning though:
Sleep loss.
Money loss.
Cold burns.
Hot burns.
Withdrawls (read: Benching your brothers laptop, your uncles laptop, your parents HTPC, your netbook, your cell phone)
Blood loss.
Extreme entertainment.
Annoyed spouses.
Glory.
Fame.
Fortune.
And lastly, a similar compulsion to convince other benchers to buy a pot and go cold.

Tooootal sidenote, I know what we should call the group that has 10 benches submitted but lacks the 20 boints to be a full member:
Benchlings.
Moreover, I'm tempted to set up a Benchling Tournament, my benchlings will beat your benchlings!

And no, in case you're wondering, I did not get enough sleep last night :p

Anyway paratrooper, it's well worth spending the time to read the Benchmark Buffet frontpage article, download the benches (start with the free ones!), and play with them.
All you really have to do to get our undivided attention is post a couple results (ideally having joined the team on HWBot, you can do that right now, no requirements there), that A) gives the team some points (every .1 helps, really!), and B) shows us you're seriousish.
Once you've done that you'll have a hard time escaping us giving you advice, really.

Lulz. :clap:

This is the perfect explanation.

Sleep loss.
Money loss.
Cold burns.
Hot burns.
Blood loss.
Extreme entertainment.
Annoyed spouses.
Glory.
Fame.
Fortune.

Oh man... If I could somehow get this whole thing to fit in my siggy?

Maybe no the correct place to ask this, but. What happen with my HWBoints if I change my current team to this one?, I mean, Does the current points count now for the new team?

Maybe no the correct place to ask this, but. What happen with my HWBoints if I change my current team to this one?, I mean, Does the current points count now for the new team?

Your points go where ever you go :thup: Come on in, we've got a great group of guys :D

Your points go where ever you go :thup: Come on in, we've got a great group of guys :D

I'm gone be honest, currently I'm on the overclock.net team ranked 61 with 27.50 points, not much I know.

I love overclock but unfortunately i don't have the components for be competitive (not against Intel guys and with better cooling). I like enter to the HWBot contest and some times those contest are team contest, so, Do you think that overclockers team can be a good contender and maybe win one of those contest?

I want get the max that I can with my current components and that's the reason for be here, overclockers.com looks like a high end forum regarding overclock. Do you think that I can get more knowledge here?

I just would like have the posibility to use dry ice, phase change or LN2 for overclock :(

P.D. Sorry if the post sound rude, I just want be honest.

No offense to OCN since there are a few good guys on there.

But this team is MUCH more serious about benching than OCN.
We have a much larger base when it comes to guys who know things, and we've got quite a few world class overclockers who stop by in our benching team lounge. I dont OCN can say that they offer that ;)

That doesn't sound rude at all. We are definitely competitive. Currently the #16 team in the world, we're knocking on the door to #15, and #14 isn't very far separated from that one.

We all push our hardware to the limits and have our own peer pressure section that will have you buying a pot and benching sub-zero in no time flat. ;)

I don't recall us really participating in HWBot contests a lot; we go more for the big picture continually pushing to improve our world rank. nzaneb and Brolloks are our team leaders. If there were people to talk about regarding those contests, they'd be the guys.

I'm gone be honest, currently I'm on the overclock.net team ranked 61 with 27.50 points, not much I know.

I love overclock but unfortunately i don't have the components for be competitive (not against Intel guys and with better cooling). I like enter to the HWBot contest and some times those contest are team contest, so, Do you think that overclockers team can be a good contender and maybe win one of those contest?

I want get the max that I can with my current components and that's the reason for be here, overclockers.com looks like a high end forum regarding overclock. Do you think that I can get more knowledge here?

I just would like have the posibility to use dry ice, phase change or LN2 for overclock :(

P.D. Sorry if the post sound rude, I just want be honest.

Not to mention we just won the Forum Wars:salute:

We have a bunch of people on sub-zero and the group takes benching quite serious:cool:

You need a few more posts as per rules...

4. If you are new to Overclockers.com you will need to obtain 100 quality posts within the forums, in order to be eligible for the Benching Team.

Back