• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's specific old hardware, check out the bot and see what's good...you can use the q6600 as a comparison for the high side.

Ahh.. Ive had a couple of q6600s, but not any more.. I am typeing on my e8600 right now as I devour my breakfast..

Edit:

I can bench it @ around 4600-4800mhz tho..

All that I have is old hardware, yesterday I found an EVGA 8400GS 1GB...let see what I can get of that...

Ahh.. Ive had a couple of q6600s, but not any more.. I am typeing on my e8600 right now as I devour my breakfast..

Edit:

I can bench it @ around 4600-4800mhz tho..

Looking at the bot you would have to push that into the low 5K range before you would start to see boints on bench's with the E8600.

Yeah, the new cpu/old gpu combo seems to work pretty well for getting some 3d boints. I definitely need an upgrade. I just dug up an old card out of my parents basement but I don't think it is gonna be worth to much for me with an old cpu too.

Probably b/c no one has a GeForce 6 series or ATI 9000 series GPU... Them things are old...lol

The competitions usually restrict hardware to a certain type or certain manufacturer, so it's hard to find people with the correct hardware...

lol

I have and old GeForce 6200 with an Athlon XP 2600+, the problems is that for some reason the CPU isn't running at full speed.

But i'm not and official member yet so, just want to know the reason. OC Forums have a good overclocker community.

You're close though...you have the boints, you have the benches and are only 16 posts away from 100. You'll make it soon!

Agreed with the group here. While we do like to overclock everything we get our hands on, not a lot of us spend money on much older hardware. We're in the business of boints. ;)

lol

I have and old GeForce 6200 with an Athlon XP 2600+, the problems is that for some reason the CPU isn't running at full speed.

But i'm not and official member yet so, just want to know the reason. OC Forums have a good overclocker community.
Thats not a benching question though... That can be answered in the A.M.D. section. ;)

Back