• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Checked out your account, you more than qualify :D

As Hokie said all that is left is 100 posts, if you start talking benching in the team area you'll hit that in no time and be able to get lounge access.

rock on y'all. soon as I get 100 real posts we'll be good to go. it's nice to be in one of the top teams. there are some guys here I feel I can really learn from, some of the TOP overclockers, right here!

You can't break 20 with a 920? Is that thing a C0 or a D0? If it's a D0, you should be all over some boints. I had a brief run in with a 920 and put it under Dice. That chip still has my 5 highest point submissions on Hwbot. :shock: I milked the HW points out of that chip. :thup:

You can't break 20 with a 920? Is that thing a C0 or a D0? If it's a D0, you should be all over some boints. I had a brief run in with a 920 and put it under Dice. That chip still has my 5 highest point submissions on Hwbot. :shock: I milked the HW points out of that chip. :thup:

hmm. submitted most of my stuff with that.
http://hwbot.org/user/ocmoho/
ill see if i can get it to clock the highest, and submit some more :)
and yeah its a D0

Heck yeah! You're almost there. If you can get that chip to 4500 or so, (and I see you're on H2O) then you should be in some low-level points and you'll be in!

Heck yeah! You're almost there. If you can get that chip to 4500 or so, (and I see you're on H2O) then you should be in some low-level points and you'll be in!

stupid motherboard craps out at 214BCLK.
Looking for a heatsink for a Gene II mobo i picked up. It came without the PWM/NB cooler lol. Once i get that working ill see what that mobo can max out at :)
also picked up a AMD 60 FX Cpu. Hopefully i can get some points with that too :)

stupid motherboard craps out at 214BCLK.
Looking for a heatsink for a Gene II mobo i picked up. It came without the PWM/NB cooler lol. Once i get that working ill see what that mobo can max out at :)
also picked up a AMD 60 FX Cpu. Hopefully i can get some points with that too :)

Try slow mode for 2d benches. And make sure you're on the 21 multiplier.

Looks good overall, for some reason you didn't get any points for the submission. Maybe they have a bug on their site right now.

Those cards should definitely be able to clock better than 1000mhz, likely to around 1200 would be a good goal and get you some solid increase in points.

Great, I'll try that. Now I'm adjusting the OC settings of the proc since I was using the automatic ones from the BIOS and now I switched to manual.

At 4.5GHz and 1 hour prime:
Coretemp VID 1.2209
CPU-Z Core Voltage 1.232 V.
Max temp 77c.
Ambient 75F

Does this look good or should I try to lower the voltage a bit more?

Thanks,

Ank.

When benching lowest voltage and being prime stable don't mean a whole lot. Going for the highest clocks you can is the name of the game :D

Looks good overall, for some reason you didn't get any points for the submission. Maybe they have a bug on their site right now.

Those cards should definitely be able to clock better than 1000mhz, likely to around 1200 would be a good goal and get you some solid increase in points.

Janus,

Could you give me a hint there? I was trying to OC the cards and not sure what's wrong. Before going extreme to 1200, I tried to use overdrive a put the settings this way for both cards (attachment 1)
This way, 3dmark won't even start. Black screen, driver crash, etc.

With the settings in attachment 2

3dMark works but I see some random artifacts all over the graphics.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 57
Quick Q? is it 20 points total points or 20 points team points or what?
POINTS EARNED
League points: 16.3 in Enthusiast League
Team Power Points: 31.7 earned for the team (GTPP and: HTPP)
Worldrecord: 0 earned with world records
Global: 9.9 earned in benchmark rankings
Hardware: 6.4 earned in hardware rankings
competition: 0 earned in competitions
Total Points: 16.3 points in total

Back