• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
welcome Luis. some nice work you have done as well. good to see you move over.
some great guys over at TRP, glad to have you here though

im new and want to join

Hello guys

I like to join the team, but im a little bit noobies of all.

English is diffulcult to understand but i try my best.

oldie

Last edited:
Hi Oldie, I checked a couple of your benchmarks. You listed your 8350 as 8x which means 8 processors, not cores which is incorrect.

Also you have a cinebench submission that is incorrectly labeled.

Hey,

the previous events in the overclocktagon have got me excited to join the benching team.
Unfortunatly I am not able to reach the 20 Points, if someone would be so kind to give me some tips on what benchmarks I could get the missing points I would really appreciate that:

http://hwbot.org/user/idkfa/

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

the previous events in the overclocktagon have got me excited to join the benching team.
Unfortunatly I am not able to reach the 20 Points, if someone would be so kind to give me some tips on what benchmarks I could get the missing points I would really appreciate that:

http://hwbot.org/user/idkfa/

Thanks in advance!

Easy answer:
http://hwbot.org/benchmarks

Anything there that says it will give points.

Just make sure to follow the rules that they have for the benchmarks!

Thank you both for your answers! The problem is I mostly get 0.1 points for my submissions, except for cinebench and firestrike. I think I have to push to 5Ghz for benching, but Im not sure what voltage I could go up to for that. 1.5V on air?
@ ED for some reason PC Mark starts to skip tests at fails. So I can't run those :(

For benching 5ghz is perfectly fine, try about 1.45-1.5v, make sure your temps are OK of course. As it is only for a short period of time you shouldn't do any real damage.

If you have any other hardware lying around (or even at work ;) ) feel free to bench that, doesn't have to be latest and greatest to get points!

Well, I submitted my first bench to hwbot. I feel like I screwed up everything possible. LOL

We'll see how it goes. :)

Edit: Well, the first attempt, it wouldn't accept my CPU cooling info (Stock Cooling). The second attempt worked. I got a whole ZERO POINTS!!! lol

Last edited:
should have gotten 0.1 [minimum for benchmarks] assuming it was a point-worthy benchmark.

Welcome to the addiction :)

Oh... it wasn't point-worthy. LOL

I put all the hardware together, installed the OS and ran a benchmark. Not exactly what one would call "challenging".

I can see how this is really going to ruin my life, though. LOL

As far as I know it depends on how many other submissions with your hardware were made and how good you compete there.
Average overclock on air is 4494MHZ for your CPU so with 3900MHz in a pure CPU benchmark it's to expect to not score massive points.
Try to push further and find the benchmarks you can pull some score. I got a lot of benchmarks where I only get 0.1 Points, others give more.
Maybe you can rock some scores in the 3D benchmarks.

I hope so. I'm only doing these stock benchmarks so I have a frame of reference when I start overclocking. I don't expect to compete well on any scores or to earn any points for now.

This is going to be fun, though. :)

If you do it well, you can compete within the ambient scores though :thup:

Back