• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to best make a loop in a 900D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gnaldvorn

Hi all, new here :)

Hope some can help me... have a 900D that I want to watercool, (already have the parts, and already have a Swiftech H320) but I want to go back to "regular" watercooling, in order to get the most quiet system.

Because I have previously had a tube burst, which caused a major water spill :cry: I thought it might be a good idea to check with experts before I give a try again

I have attached a picture where I would like to have the parts placed, but I'm open to other places :)

My system specs are:
900D
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX/ GEN3 R2.0
XFX 7970 Ghz Edition
G.Skill 8GB
3 HDD
1 SSD
Swiftech H320
Lots of tube and fittings
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 25 LT res.
EK-DCP 2.2 pump

Attachments

• corsair 900d water loop.jpg
    corsair 900d water loop.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 243
the "best" is this:

Swiftech Maelstrom 5 1/4" Dual-Bay Reservoir - Dual MCP35X Pumps
1 XSPC RX480 V3 Top
1 XSPC EX480 Bottom (non psu side)
1 XSPC RX240 V3 Bottom (psu side)
1 XSPC EX240 Front

Now the best to cool what you got, its probably a XSPC RX480 V3 Top and be done with it, if you want a bit more, you can do: XSPC RX480 V3 Top and 1 XSPC EX480 Bottom (non psu side) and that will get you where you want...

:welcome: to OCFs.

I am not sure how much knowledge or experience you have with water cooling and what incidents have happened in the past but if I may, with all do respect, ask you to take a look at our water cooling stickies and have a read at them. Take hours, days or even weeks to read through them. I am sure you have some type of knowledge but you need to understand the basics.

I am also curious, what happened with the tubing burst in the past? Wondering to see what was the culprit and why.

the "best" is this:

Swiftech Maelstrom 5 1/4" Dual-Bay Reservoir - Dual MCP35X Pumps
1 XSPC RX480 V3 Top
1 XSPC EX480 Bottom (non psu side)
1 XSPC RX240 V3 Bottom (psu side)
1 XSPC EX240 Front

Now the best to cool what you got, its probably a XSPC RX480 V3 Top and be done with it, if you want a bit more, you can do: XSPC RX480 V3 Top and 1 XSPC EX480 Bottom (non psu side) and that will get you where you want...

:facepalm: No miguel. :rofl: Not everyone has to go way over the top as some of us have, especially you.

:welcome: to OCFs.

I am not sure how much knowledge or experience you have with water cooling and what incidents have happened in the past but if I may, with all do respect, ask you to take a look at our water cooling stickies and have a read at them. Take hours, days or even weeks to read through them. I am sure you have some type of knowledge but you need to understand the basics.

I am also curious, what happened with the tubing burst in the past? Wondering to see what was the culprit and why.

:facepalm: No miguel. :rofl: Not everyone has to go way over the top as some of us have, especially you.

he asked for best :p but i also said that he could go with a single 480 and done with it :)

Agree, read the stickies to get a basic idea of what you are trying to achieve and how to go about it.

A good understanding of this will help you out not only on what hardware to buy but why you need it to achieve your goals

Hi all

Thanks for the inputs so far :)

What I meant was the best loop... as in how do I connect them and get the most optimal solution.

I have read the stickies, and lots of other posts on other forums... I just wanted to ask and see if I could a basic "...go from a to b to c etc..." explanation and then I would try that :)

Don't know why the tubes burst in my previous build. Talked with the shop I got the parts from and they were baffled as well so it might have been my fault or a faulty tube, just don't know it :S

I already have the hardware (and more) that I need, so wanted to get input on how to get the most silent solution with what I have :)

Well, not to be annoying or rude but the explanation is in the stickies on how a water cooling loop works. Only tells me you've skimmed through it or didn't read them at all. Since you're lazy, here's a video that pretty much sums it all up. I just hope you continue reading the stickies full. Have any questions in the stickies and we'll answer them. Having a water cooling loop is a hobby that needs maintaining and not a set it up and leave it alone. If you're not into all that than I would advise going with a "AIO" cooler.

Hmm sounds like I've come to the wrong place... So I'm gonna move along... I did read everything, I have tried other solutions, both air, selfmade watercooling, and a couple of AIO... was looking to see if any one would want to give their 10 cents of experience, "do's and dont's", and maybe a "always put this and that before this and that" but no I didn't :( All I got was answers that I should look at stickies, or buy other stuff, or that I'm lazy... Honestly guys and girls (and I know this wont go down well) there's a bit of an arrogancy here, which doesn't suit a forum.

So goodbye, and all the best, to all of you :)

sad to see you go, but i miss understood your question, actually i only read the tittle where you ask to get the best in the 900d, and i gave you parts which i thought were the best... but i didnt read where you wanted to make the best out of what you have...

Now that i read the question im more lost than before.. so you have an all in one unit ( Swiftech H320) that has built in pump and cpu block... and you want to break it up and use your own pump and reservoir?

but then you said you wanted our experience in air, custom water cooling or AIO? im sorry but not sure what you want from us, you dont want to read the stickies that explain how water cooling works, or you dont want to buy extra parts...

Hope you come back and give us a second chance with a better formulated question...

Hmm sounds like I've come to the wrong place... So I'm gonna move along... I did read everything, I have tried other solutions, both air, selfmade watercooling, and a couple of AIO... was looking to see if any one would want to give their 10 cents of experience, "do's and dont's", and maybe a "always put this and that before this and that" but no I didn't :( All I got was answers that I should look at stickies, or buy other stuff, or that I'm lazy... Honestly guys and girls (and I know this wont go down well) there's a bit of an arrogancy here, which doesn't suit a forum.

So goodbye, and all the best, to all of you :)

Because I have previously had a tube burst, which caused a major water spill :cry: I thought it might be a good idea to check with experts before I give a try again

I guess you never learned.

Didn't like our advise so were all of a sudden arrogant. The inability to brush us off as no help surely shows the full blown ignorance on your part. Not to mention ignorance also plays a HUGE roll in watercooling, i.e. catastrophic spills, etc.

sad to see you go, but i miss understood your question, actually i only read the tittle where you ask to get the best in the 900d, and i gave you parts which i thought were the best... but i didnt read where you wanted to make the best out of what you have...

Now that i read the question im more lost than before.. so you have an all in one unit ( Swiftech H320) that has built in pump and cpu block... and you want to break it up and use your own pump and reservoir?

but then you said you wanted our experience in air, custom water cooling or AIO? im sorry but not sure what you want from us, you dont want to read the stickies that explain how water cooling works, or you dont want to buy extra parts...

Hope you come back and give us a second chance with a better formulated question...

+1 :thup:

I am kind of baffled as well. We tried miguel but I won't help someone who won't help themselves. Some people have the entitlement bug.

give-a-man-a-fish-and.jpg

Last edited:
Back