• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to burn a .bio file to a cd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1033ruben

Registered
yes hello as it says in the topic header i am wanting to know how to burn a .bio file to a cd. i am having to recover my bios and am not sure how to burn a .bio file to a cd
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

Id imagine the same way you would burn any file to a CD-RW...through software (Nero for example) or Windows should be able to do it by clicking and dragging to the drive even...

If you use it like AMI recovery then you have to rename file to amiboot.rom and simply put it on CD. No booting options etc, simply 1 file and after restart board will try to find that file on your CD.
If you try to use BIOS recovery on new ASUS board then better use flash drive and then follow info on ASUS website/support or in manual.

There is no way to simply recover Award/Phoenix BIOSes.

Some boards may have disabled BIOS recovery option so even though there is AMI BIOS it may not recover from CD ( like older ASRock boards ).

I also didn't try to recover any UEFI yet so I won't tell you if it looks the same.

so not sure then
RUBEN
LOL, no, I am sure how to do it.

Woomack filled in the details though. I didn't know if you wanted to boot from it or just as a data disk (which my instructions were sufficient for).

Does your board not accept flashing from a USB stick or from within windows? What board do you have? I do not see a signature with your system specs listed.

okay so i have a intel d945gcl mobo that i am trying to recover the bios for.
THANKS
RUBEN

Back