• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Mod the D and Ultra-D to SataII and SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they used to sell them at newegg

yes you would need one however didnt i hear that this mod no longer works with the newer nvidia drivers?

Well which bridge do I use? Because they're all different lengths, is the DFI one the correct size? Any other manufacturer?

okies i just got 1 of the older boards ... when i look at the nf4 bridge it looks like there are comps already bridging the sataII points ... and a glob of conformal coating on the sli point ... also the comps at the upper points the 2 left 1s are missing and covered w/ conformal coating too ... is this somethingi should be concerned about or just scrape away the coating onthe sli point and bridge it??

okies i just got 1 of the older boards ... when i look at the nf4 bridge it looks like there are comps already bridging the sataII points ... and a glob of conformal coating on the sli point ... also the comps at the upper points the 2 left 1s are missing and covered w/ conformal coating too ... is this somethingi should be concerned about or just scrape away the coating onthe sli point and bridge it??

I just did my SATA 2 mod to my motherboard. It came shipped set at SATA 150. It also had this conformal coating on it. I CAREFULLY picked it off a bit with one of those dental metal tooth picks. Of course, I was worried I scraped a trace off of it, but when I put some flux and then some solder, it locked on it just fine.

So, basically, there is a trace under neath it, too for you. Again, though just be very careful when you scrape it. Try not to hit any of the components off on it or scratch the nf4 core.

I'd do SLI, but I don't ahve a second PCI-ex 16x slot.

Here an old HDTune bench I did on my Seagate, and below that is one I did just now after enabling SATA II. An increase in burst speed.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but is anyone still running one of these unlocked sli? Are you having driver issues?

I have one running...only one vid card ATM, lemme drop in another and I'll get back atcha.

Sorry for the bump, but I'm also interested if there are issues with the latest nvidia drivers?

Back