• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Mod the D and Ultra-D to SataII and SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With the splash screen disabled on the top left of the post screen it should say nForce4 SLI whether the jumper is moved or not.. This is the way to know the mod was successfull..

Try to redo it.. sometimes it takes a few times to get it to connect.. Also make sure that your chipset doesnt have epoxy over the contacts.. If they do then you need to scrap away the epoxy before bridging the contacts.. more info about the epoxy is in the dfi-street thread..

Also make sure you clear the cmos after the mod..

Epoxy is like glue.. On some of the later chipset revisions nvidia put some epoxy over the contacts that need to be bridged.. Im sure you prolly didnt have the epoxy because you would be able to tell..

Check out the dfi-street thread and in it you will see pics of what the epoxy looks like.Even if you have the epoxy the mod can still be done you just need to carefully scrap it away.

Is there actual picture?

And what do you mean with splash screen disabled, did you mean to disable the full logo screen?

Is there a way to make the post screen pause cause mine just flick by fast, without clearing CMOS?

BTW...I got Tyan SLI bridge coming in so I should be able to clear that rumor once for all and see if it really works or not.

Go into the BIOS and under Advance Settings, disable the "Show full Logo Screen" (or something like that) option. It should be the last setting.

When you boot, you'll see the mobo stat come up. You'll see "nForce4 SLi" instead of "nForce4 Ultra".

Btw, are you doing this on another Ultra-D board because I see you have the SLI-DR Expert in your sig.

Wow, with all your guides, I thought you would know how to disable your boot up logo.

dawei213 said:
Go into the BIOS and under Advance Settings, disable the "Show full Logo Screen" (or something like that) option. It should be the last setting.

When you boot, you'll see the mobo stat come up. You'll see "nForce4 SLi" instead of "nForce4 Ultra".

Btw, are you doing this on another Ultra-D board because I see you have the SLI-DR Expert in your sig.

Wow, with all your guides, I thought you would know how to disable your boot up logo.

I know how to disable boot up logo, I was just asking if doing that will pause the POST screen :p

And yes I'm doing this to my old Ultra-D cause this Expert can't clock worth of ****! I can barely do 2.6GHz on it stable while on Ultra-D I can do 2.8GHz without any problems.

This is where is will say SLI..
my.php

This is what the epoxy will look like IF your chipset has it..
my.php

Sometimes with pencil the contact doesnt happen the first time.. its not uncommon for some people to have to clean off the pencil and try it a few times..

whats another ghetto way to connect them instead of a pencil, something somewhat more permanent maybe. or is the pencil mod a lasting solution...

A circuit writter pen is more permanent and usually works better.. They can be bought at radioshack for about $10 I think.. Kinda nice to have one around if your into modding anyways..

Another option is solding it but I really dont recommend that ..

THunDA said:
This is where is will say SLI..
my.php

This is what the epoxy will look like IF your chipset has it..
my.php

Sometimes with pencil the contact doesnt happen the first time.. its not uncommon for some people to have to clean off the pencil and try it a few times..

Thanx that helps. Well my chipset didn't have any epoxy on it then.

I'll try disabling the logo screen when I get home and see if that will make the POST screen pause. I don't have the circuit pencil I just used the #2, but I'll see if we have one laying around here at work.

A pencil should work fine..

If you didnt have the logo screen disabled thats why you didnt see any changes..

Let us know how you make out .. ! :)

Well looks like I didn't do it right the first time so I decided to do it again, but this time I took longer to rub it on and it worked.

Just waiting for my SLI bridge to get here and I'll be done.

Thanx for the help guys.

RedDragonXXX said:
But I'm having little trouble enabling the SLI without the bridge :shrug:

Did you set the jumpers from single mode to SLI mode? it's right in between the two PCI-e bus.

Also, to pause the boot up screen? Unplug the keyboard :D

dawei213 said:
Did you set the jumpers from single mode to SLI mode? it's right in between the two PCI-e bus.

Also, to pause the boot up screen? Unplug the keyboard :D

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see.

Do you have a pic of how they are supposed to be set?

Back