• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOW TO OVERCLOCK RIPJAWS 2400 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsena

Registered
Hi Guys,

Greetings !

I have a 3970X in Asus P9X79 Deluxe with 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws (model F3-19200CL10Q-64GBZHD / 10-12-12-31 / 1.65v‏) and I want to overclock these memories.

So, how I can do this ?

Just apply a little voltage to them ? Like 1.67v ?

Doing this is sufficient in order to enhance the latencies and raise the frequencie like 2600 Mhz ?

Can anyone help me with this issue ?

Thanks in advance !

Bruno Sena
Brazil

What's your usage of the computer?
Other than benchmarking you'll see no tangible gains from overclocking that RAM.

(I'm assuming you have them running at the stock timings already)

Dear Atminside,

YES ... we already have a contact here in this forum. Glad you show up ...

Basically GAMES and some engineering applications.

The 3970X is running at 4.5 Ghz and the memory is running at stock timmings as I mentioned above (10-12-12-31 / 1.65v).

Thanks for your reply.

Since you're already running the rated speed, don't mess with the RAM.

It isn't worth the work for the minimal gains you'll see.
You're talking 1-2% at the absolute most, but only in highly memory bandwidth sensitive applications.

For your usage, I see no gains to be had.

Well ... it´s a point ...

But you think it´s possible to achieve 2600 mhz ?

Well ... it´s a point ...

But you think it´s possible to achieve 2600 mhz ?

Can't know till you try.

Back up your OS first, memory overclocking is the easiest way to corrupt an OS.

OK ...

All my system is backed up with Acronis True Image in a exclusively SSD for that.

You'll likely need to increase the memory controller voltage, since you're running 64GB.
Probably 1.75V or so for the RAM to keep at the same timings while increasing the speed. Assuming they overclock well.

For daily use, I wouldn't go over 1.75V on DDR3.

Ok Atminside !

Thansk for your considerations.

Best Regards.

If I'm right then this memory is on Samsung IC. In this density I doubt you will set stable 2600 especially on SB-E but you can try something like 2600 10-12-12 or 10-13-13 1.65-1.75V. Usually CL11 is not helping if it's Samsung.
I would faster try to set tighter timings ( mainly sub timings ) to get lower latency as memory bandwidth at 2400 is good enough and won't be much higher at higher memory clock ( memory controller limitations ).

Back