• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to reset password

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

I am being asked to reset my password. But I can't find where you actually do this. Any ideas?

I am being asked to reset my password. But I can't find where you actually do this. Any ideas?

I'm assuming it is the folding client that is asking this? I've never seen that before. The only password named as such that I'm aware of is for monitoring access. You get there through Configure, then Connection tab, or Remote Access tab.

There is also a password option in the Proxy tab, but that is to access whatever proxy you might have.

Do you have a screenshot?

If it's for the Forum, and you can still log in, go to the Settings link in the upper right of the page.
Is it for Windows? If so then do the following:

1. Boot from install dvd, goto Repair Your Computer.
2. Click on Command Prompt.
3. At the X:Sources> type "MOVE c:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe.bak"
4. Copy C:\Windows\System32\Cmd.exe c:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
5. Reboot or type Exit.
6. After the PC boots, click on the Ease of access icon in the lower left of the screen.
7. Type in "net user administrator *".
8. Enter new password, then confirm password.
9. Repeat setp 1 and 2
10. Now type del c:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
11. Move C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe.bak C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
(the above works on Win 7 and up, also only if your not part of a domain)

OR if you don't have the install dvd.

Boot in to safe mode with command prompt then:
7. Type in "net user administrator *".
8. Enter new password, then confirm password.

Back