• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how would i go about OCing dual channel 1x8gb and 2x4gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Make sure you put it in the right slots, or it'll all be running in single-channel.

dual3.jpg

Alternatively, I believe you can have both the 4GB sticks in channel B and the 8GB stick in channel A. It still works as dual-channel if each channel has equal amounts of RAM.

i know that it works in dual channel but when i am changing the timings do i have to change all of them or will they all change together? also what is a good ram stressing tool to check stability?

Timings will apply to all sticks, so you'll be bottlenecked by whatever the slowest stick is. I don't think you'll have the option of setting the timings individually per stick.

Memtest86+ or Prime95 in Blend mode.

to tighten the ram timings should i just change one at a time? im new to OC. also does OC negate the stock ram speed and timing settings ie. the suggested 1333, 1600, 1866 and the timings that go with them? and do i have to change the timings within the bios, then reboot and stress it??
has anyone OCd vengeance? any timing suggestions?

How long would you suggest running memtest86+ to check for stability?

Back