• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP 3970AM motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks is much for all your help. I really do appreciate it. I ended up spending some cash and going with the Asus Crosshair V formula Z, along with a Haf-932 case and NH-D14 fan. I'm debating if I should upgrade the processor to a FX-8350, then I won't have much need to overclock much.
Thanks again.

If you buy those components you will have all you need to get a nice overclock. So you might as well go for it at that point. I have bought three Arc Midi R2's. You might want want to think about that case. Also you may want to think about a Sabertooth instead of the Crosshair. Also a 8320 may save you some money vs the 8350.

If you buy those components you will have all you need to get a nice overclock. So you might as well go for it at that point. I have bought three Arc Midi R2's. You might want want to think about that case. Also you may want to think about a Sabertooth instead of the Crosshair. Also a 8320 may save you some money vs the 8350.

Sorry. i didn't realize you had made your purchase! Good luck!

Thank you. I just got it all put together last night. It is a nice setup. Didn't get a chance to mess with overclocking yet. The haf-932 is a nice sized case. I needed the space to fit the NH-D14 heatsink.

Back