• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hua? GPU temp is lower than water temp??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

My GPU is sitting at 27C according to MSI Afterburner but the water temp as reported in Corsair Link is 36C. How is that even physically possible?

Also I can get my GPU as cool as 25C at idle with the fans and pump maxed out. I also question how that's possible as that's 77 degrees which is cooler than the temp in my case. The temp in the room is 74 degrees.

Its not, you must have a reading error, either software or the sensor is gone wonka...

Just to give you an idea right now i have 19c in the room, my pc on idle is at 25c both gpu and cpu on a custom loop 7x120mm of radiator area. The fans are spinning only about 900 rpm but still that a delta of 6c on a much higher cooling solution.

Clearly an anomalous reading. At least with CPUs, sensors arent as accurate at idle as they are towards tjmax...so that may be part of it. Idle temperatures are largely irrelevant anyway.

Back