• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[hwbot] wPrime 1024m ranking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But for some reason Vista is noticeably slower in wprime on nehalem. :S

Just when you thought it all made sense, at least stuff like that keeps things interesting :D

dont much like vista, Im sacrificing 1gb of my 4gb kit just to run wxp32bit :)

You're not the only one, but it's the first thing you should try if you wanna knock out a better wPrime.

But for some reason Vista is noticeably slower in wprime on nehalem. :S

server 2008 is faster than vista for most setups ... will try compare winxp, vista and server2008 this weekend ( have 3 systems on my pc now ) ... playing games on server 2008 x64 because it's fastest for me and save lot of ram comparing to vista :p

Haven't got much time but made 3 fast tests in wprime32 on [email protected] and times were about ~7.9 sec for win xp 32b, ~7.7s for vista 32b and ~7.5s for server 2008 64b ... so at least for me it's the same as with 775 cpu. Systems are unoptimized on 4xhdd raid0.

Weird, better try again. My wprime vista scores are awful. Hundreds of MHz behind everyone (and myself) clock for clock. I think all the other top scores are on XP as well.

Have you played around with W7 yet bart?
Not yet ... I have burned dvd with it but didn't install it yet.

Weird, better try again. My wprime vista scores are awful. Hundreds of MHz behind everyone (and myself) clock for clock. I think all the other top scores are on XP as well.
Will check when I fix cooling ... now I'm on box cooler :-/
XP was almost clean. Vista with turned off some options and Server08 with vista theme and turned off security options ( can't run some tests with it and it's slower ).

more of a quad thing ? hmm... I'll be back [schwarz voice] :D

dont much like vista, Im sacrificing 1gb of my 4gb kit just to run wxp32bit :)

I be back :D

now if I could only manage a better board as well ;)

back again :D

wprime329203mv7.jpg

Not bad at all for a i5! Seems the way to go for gaming rather than an i7, for now anyway (Who knows what DX 11 will do to the whole "dual vs quad, then probably vs HT" fight).

Back