• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWere can I buy 230mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatCamel

I just bought the Cooler Master HAF 932 and I want to buy some higher cfm 230's for it (not that it really needs it I just want it) and I can't find anywhere to buy them.

Man your fast.:burn: I don't know if they would fit in the mounting holes already on the case and my wife just bought me this case for our anniversary so she would be quite upset if I started drilling hole in it.

I'd go to a car wrecker and scrounge for 24-30mm radiator fans.

The advantage is nearly everything'll be 12V DC - and you'll probably only need to spend 5 bucks.

At that size you'll want to pay attention to voltages - I'm thinking you'll find a lot of what's out there will be 24V instead of 12V, and may not start up at 12V

I just bought the Cooler Master HAF 932 and I want to buy some higher cfm 230's for it (not that it really needs it I just want it) and I can't find anywhere to buy them.

If you want more airflow, replace the side panel with 4 Yate Loon mediums for twice the CFM.

Axis

Yeah I have several 120's laying around but with the bigger fan I could potentially get more airflow with less noise which is why I am looking for the big fans with maybe 200cfm or so which I don't think is asking too much for fans of this size.

Looks like everyone has the same luck as I do. Oh well, maybey they will come to the open market soon.

Well just about anything is available if you want to pony up the money, in the commercial market.

If you're afraid to go junkyard-diving as I suggested (which I'm sure will remain the most economical route), the expensive route would be to get a commercial axial fan... Have ready the CFM, supply voltage (presumably 12VDC), noise requirements, and other variables and you could possibly have a commercial supplier like Greenheck make you a fan/driver combo. I see you're living in North Carolina - the Greenheck rep for that state is http://www.hoffman-hoffman.com/ <-- you might try giving them a call. I'd have info ready to describe/email exactly what dimensions you want - some pictures and/or a link to the fan you've already got would be handy.

Another alternative - try googling the make/model info you have available on the current fan you've got to identify where they're actually manufacturerd, then see if you can find a distributor/rep of that factory's fans - they may stock 240's of varying CFM's.

I was taking your suggestion of junk yards to heart that will most likely be my next step seeing as how there like 300 junkyards in a 40 mile radius of my house that would probably be the most economical solution. I just didn't want to take the time cleaning them and all that. Another question do the car radiator fans have the cfm written on them like most comp fans or would I just have to get one and hope it's better?

p.s. thank you for the link I think that might come in handy when I get to modding my old case. I am planning on making the entire case side one large fan and they could make the exact dimensions that I need.

Back