• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWMonitor bug?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

The last two PSUs I have put in systems were showing between 8 and 9 volts on the 12v+ rail in HWMonitor. Now I know those were false readings as the system wouldn't even boot if it were real. Has anyone else been experiencing this? The HWMonitor build I've been using is 1.23.

Yes, I've experienced the same issue.

I've chalked this up to the motherboard. When swapping the motherboard but maintaining the same PSU, the readings normalized. The board that showed the odd readings was a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3. When I swapped in a GA-880GM-D2H the readings were as expected.

I use Open Hardware Monitor now which does not appear to suffer from the same affliction.

Haven't seen it on 1.22

I'll try to remember to upgrade later and see if it shows the same thing as you guys.

Yes, I've experienced the same issue.

I've chalked this up to the motherboard. When swapping the motherboard but maintaining the same PSU, the readings normalized. The board that showed the odd readings was a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3. When I swapped in a GA-880GM-D2H the readings were as expected.

I use Open Hardware Monitor now which does not appear to suffer from the same affliction.

Open Hardware monitor on shows a "vbat" voltage. No other voltage readings on this application.

The last two PSUs I have put in systems were showing between 8 and 9 volts on the 12v+ rail in HWMonitor. Now I know those were false readings as the system wouldn't even boot if it were real. Has anyone else been experiencing this? The HWMonitor build I've been using is 1.23.

Try this a beta version . i had the same issue voltage being misreported this seemed to resolve that issue .
http://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/

My 960t will not be reported properly with cores unlocked to 6
332s5jt.jpg

Last edited:
I have HWmonitor 1.23 and seems showing correct voltages and other readings.

Trents, OpenHardwaremonitor shows other voltages as well but 12v, you have to select show hidden sensors and I always like to see min and max as well current reading as well on openhardwaremonitor also.

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 742
I have HWmonitor 1.23 and seems showing correct voltages and other readings.

Trents, OpenHardwaremonitor shows other voltages as well but 12v, you have to select show hidden sensors and I always like to see min and max as well current reading as well on openhardwaremonitor also.

How did you get your unlocked AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE to report as Phenom II x4 B55 in the hardware monitors ?. I get a report of unknown cpu on my 960t when cores are unlocked to 6 , however it will be reported correctly when at stock 4 core .

How did you get your unlocked AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE to report as Phenom II x4 B55 in the hardware monitors ?. I get a report of unknown cpu on my 960t when cores are unlocked to 6 , however it will be reported correctly when at stock 4 core .

This is how. There's actually a B55 Phenom II.

Back