• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 Evo problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigbaddie

Hi guys,

So i installed my hyper 212 evo into my computer and it boots. However, when i boot it, it says "cpu fan not detected" but when clearly my hyper 212 is spinning. Any help?

Its spinning at around 560 RPM on idle.. dont know if that's okay

Last edited:
Did you plug the evo's fan into the CPU fan header on the motherboard?

Yup.. its still not spinning like it's supposed to.

Im running it on a p8z68 vpro/ gen3.

I googled it and there were some similar situations as mine, but there was no real solution

Yup.. its still not spinning like it's supposed to.

Im running it on a p8z68 vpro/ gen3.

I googled it and there were some similar situations as mine, but there was no real solution

You need to plug it on the CPU fan header.
Look at your MoBo specs.
I you plug it into a on ofe the System Fan headers, the rig won't boot. It is an Asus security gadget.

You need to plug it on the CPU fan header.
Look at your MoBo specs.
I you plug it into a on ofe the System Fan headers, the rig won't boot. It is an Asus security gadget.

I did plug it into the correct one.. I look in the bios and it does show the cpu fan is spinning but just at low rpm. I'm wondering if that's a compatability thing or a fan problem.

Also when I override it thru bios everything is fine. My cpu is at 22 degrees idle

Back