• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED HyperX Predator RGB 16GB DDR4-4000 C19 - HX440C19PB3K2/16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they are like caseking.de (they ship to UK too) so you may not like them, they have high prices and often ignore mails with questions but in the end they have some exotic stuff which no one else has

the word got out fast here in the states. the only place ive found the ddr4 4000 rgb is at amazon. they have had a few in stock here and there but the price has gone from $207 to $265. the ddr4 4000 non rgb was $202 until they ran out of them a few days ago. im sure the price will jump as well if they get more in stock. all of the 4000 is out of stock now except for 1 set of 2x8gb rgb. i had a feeling this would happen so i jumped on 2 sets while the price was still low. i was shocked to see such a sweet deal. still a decent deal for what they are tho.

https://valid.x86.fr/kd986m

DDR4-5266
memory on air, CPU on single stage/about -45°C

Highest screenshot at DDR4-5230, forgot about it later when I had a bit better results
5230.jpg

Last edited:
woooow, nice job man! i couldnt wait for the new amd gear to come out so i bought a 8086k and msi z370 gaming pro carbon to tide me over. got sweet deals on both woot woot :D i cant friggin wait to play with them along with this memory!

Thanks :) I wasn't really planning that but I set ss for some other tests and then I thought that I didn't check IMC on lower temps. I made a bit more than with CPU on water but it still counts :)
My 8086K has a really nice IMC. Worse are cores. Half are great, half are below average Results like 6GHz on single stage cooling on 2 cores but 5.6 on 4+ cores. 9700 ES and 9900K that I have average IMC if not below average as I can't set more than ~4600. 9700K is also pretty bad for OC in general. Something like 5.2GHz 1.45V+ on water only for tests, not to mention any stability. 9900K has nice cores but is generating a lot of heat so I thought it will be pretty bad but on dry ice it went up to 6.2GHz+ and on all cores 5.8GHz+. Of course that's not stable but you see how random these chips can be.
I hope you get a nice chip and will have a lot of fun with it :thup:

Hi, I'm having trouble overclocking my HX440C19PB3K2/16 non-RGB memory.

I can get stable 3800Mhz@CL16, no errors on memorytester. 4000Mhz and I get errors almost immediately. Now DIMM is 1.45V, SA is 1.25V and IO is 1.18V. I have tried 1.5V for DIMM and still get errors? Did I hit a wall with my mobo?

I have 8700k and MSI Z370 Pro Carbon. Newest BIOS MSI offers for this board.

Thanks in advance

IC should be the same but I would try higher SA. At auto motherboards set 1.30-1.35V at 4000+. Depends on the motherboard and CPU's IMC it can be higher or lower. Also check sub timings. MSI should set everything correct but it's never guaranteed. At least I remember that Z370I Carbon was working good with other kits.
Since you have MSI then you can also check Mem Try It option. There should be profiles up to 4200-4400 (on my board was up to 4400).
This memory shouldn't need more than 1.4V at more relaxed timings.

Thanks, I will try that on the holidays. :)

Is SA at 1.3-1.35V safe 24/7? I read that 1.3V is the upper safe limit.

I remember trying 'Mem Try It', but it gave errors.

Something about 1.35V is max safe for long work but some memory kits require 1.40V and motherboards are setting it. Some motherboards have limit at 1.40V so I assume it will be max safe. There were some Intel docs saying that 1.35V is absolute max but the same they said about limit of some other voltages and safe value was actually higher. Let's say I was checking much higher SA and nothing bad happened but I just don't recommend it for long 24/7 work.

Personally I would check SA up to 1.35V. IO can be lower like 1.25V and should work. 1.35-1.40V SA is enough up to about 4500-4600 memory clock but not all motherboards will support 4300+.

I am also having a few issues with these sticks and my new to me 7920x:
Stock settings -
Stock AIDA64 Cache.PNG

SA 1.35V + IO 1.25 -
Stock CPU & Mem SA 1.35 IO 1.25.PNG

Playing with timings now but it seems to make things worse again.

On X299 you may need different settings and voltages. It's already good you can make it work at 4000. This memory is designed for 2 channel platforms. Check profiles if you have them in BIOS. It's Mem Try It or something similar.
It also depends on the IMC. My 7900X ends on ~4100 even though motherboard is rated at 4200 using Skylake-X. Looks like on your first screenshot memory was on 2 channels only, even though you see 32GB. If there are some errors then motherboard is disabling channels but will still show full capacity. I have only 2 sticks so can't even check on my X299 how it works.

On X299 you may need different settings and voltages. It's already good you can make it work at 4000. This memory is designed for 2 channel platforms. Check profiles if you have them in BIOS. It's Mem Try It or something similar.
It also depends on the IMC. My 7900X ends on ~4100 even though motherboard is rated at 4200 using Skylake-X. Looks like on your first screenshot memory was on 2 channels only, even though you see 32GB. If there are some errors then motherboard is disabling channels but will still show full capacity. I have only 2 sticks so can't even check on my X299 how it works.

Yeah it seems to be teetering on the edge of stability. If I go too tight on the timings or too fast then it starts dropping channels even though it shows that it's in quad. Just to get it to run at stock speeds I have to run SA @ 1.35v and the IO @ 1.25v. If I go even .05v lower then it drops channels. On a more positive note I am 2 hour AIDA64 stability test stable @ 4000-18-18-18-38.

woooow, nice job man! i couldnt wait for the new amd gear to come out so i bought a 8086k and msi z370 gaming pro carbon to tide me over. got sweet deals on both woot woot :D i cant friggin wait to play with them along with this memory!

Did you get your Kingston 4000Mhz memory working with Z370 Pro Carbon?

Could you share your settings for that memory, I'm still having stability issues. :)

Did you get your Kingston 4000Mhz memory working with Z370 Pro Carbon?

Could you share your settings for that memory, I'm still having stability issues. :)

no unfortunately i havent had time to get the mb and cpu installed along with updating my wcing loop. im hoping to get them in this weekend if everything goes as planned tho. i will be sure to post my results asap!

Just finished spending my evening with trying to OC 2x8Gb HyperX Predator RGB 4000Mhz kit. Searching for information here to start understanding what is the most important in OC'ing RAM modules?
So far I understood the following:
-Voltage above 1.35V isn't safe
-Latencies should be as low as the system stability test allows
-Frequencies can be as high as your hardware setup allows
-Memory chips for OC should better be manufactured by Samsung + b-die
In the tests above I see different results but the latencies aren't looking good, as I understand it's an important thing to get the latencies as low as possible to gain faster Read/Write performance? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Will continue testing tmrw evening...
Hope to find detailed answers.

Firstly I do not speak fluent English, so I apologize for possible grammatical errors.

So... I have 2x memory cards (DDR4 Kingston HyperX Predator HX440C19PB3/8 8GB).
I do not understand much of overclocking, however I am having difficulty activating the XMP profile of my memories.

The max. i can get is 3600Mhz (profile 2).
Whenever I try to activate profile 1 of 4000Mhz, the computer will not turn on and the bios will be reset.

I looked for kingston and gigabyte support and no one helped me, one blaming the other.

My setup config. is actually:

|CPU: Intel i7-9700k @4.9 Ghz (Auto voltage)|
|Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming Rev. 1.0 |
|Ram: 2x 8GB Hyperx Predator 4000 Mhz running at @3600Mhz|
|GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB (stock)|
|PSU: 750W PCYes Electro V2 |
|Cooler: Gamemax Iceberg 240mm|
|SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB |HDD: Western Digital 500GB |SSHD: Seagate 1TB |

I do not know what to do, I've been frustrated for 4 months looking for some solution, I think the problem is the motherboard but I'm not sure, I'm already thinking of selling those memories and get some 3200Mhz, because I paid dearly for 4000Mhz and I can not nor use.

can anybody help me?

I had no problems to run this memory on ASRock, ASUS and Supermicro (SuperO) motherboards. I was also testing RGB and non-RGB kit in quad channel on EVGA X299 at 4000 so I highly doubt there is anything wrong with this memory.
I would check if there is any new BIOS for your motherboard but I guess that if you asked support for help then they already suggested that.
You can also disable XMP, switch to manual mode and use 4000 19-19-19-39 main timings, command rate 2N, 1.35-1.40 memory voltage and 1.30-1.35V VCCSA. Everything else should be set automatically by the motherboard.
Can also try 3600 16-16-16 or 17-17-17 1.35V as it should give not much worse performance than XMP 4000.

This memory costs as much as many 3200 kits so I'd rather set it at lower frequency than sell it and lose money.

I wanted to add a thread with HyperX Predator 2x8GB DDR4-4000 so the same but without RGB illumination. However, these two memory kits are exactly the same, they even share the same product number. Overclocking results are the same. Both run without issues in quad channel at XMP settings on EVGA X299 Dark.
On higher OC series motherboards it will run at 4000+ CL12 CR1 the same as previous Samsung B kits. Maybe will add some results when I find some free time.

Hi,

I have the exact same memories - Predator DDR 4000 MHz. Unfortunately on Supermicro C9Z390-PGW I an able only to use XMP 2, the 1st profile is causing an error.

I was able to run XMP@4000 on SuperO but it was ITX mobo which has shorter traces and better signal. I have no idea how ATX version works but I guess it will be hard to make it run at 4000+.
Try to enable XMP@4000 but don't save it. Then change mode to custom instead of XMP, it will keep all the timings. Then set manually 3866 and check if it boots. The same for 3733 if 3866 won't boot.
Once you find max clock then can play with additional timings or voltages. However my motherboard was setting too high VCCSA, something like 1.4V at 4000 while 1.3V is enough so I doubt that the voltage is too low.

Back