• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED HyperX Predator RGB 16GB DDR4-4000 C19 - HX440C19PB3K2/16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Indeed it is setting it very high at 1,4 V. Unfortunately I'm unable to change it. In SuprtoBooster app it is greyed out and even if I set it up in BIOS (i know that 1,2 V might be a little bit too low) the system is still setting it up for 1,4 V.
XWthcFR

Use BIOS for overclocking and any changes. It's possible to change voltages in 2 tabs in BIOS so you just have to find the right window. There is also a box where you can enable advanced options (somewhere in CPU tab).
I can't help you much more. You have to play with BIOS options on your own and find out if it's already maxed clock for your setup or you can set it a bit higher.
Even if you won't be able to set it higher then 3600 is more than enough for daily work and not much slower than 4000.

|Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming Rev. 1.0 |
|Ram: 2x 8GB Hyperx Predator 4000 Mhz running at @3600Mhz|

I do not know what to do, I've been frustrated for 4 months looking for some solution, I think the problem is the motherboard but I'm not sure, I'm already thinking of selling those memories and get some 3200Mhz, because I paid dearly for 4000Mhz and I can not nor use.

can anybody help me?
Sorry to inform you, maybe you already found the cause for this problem

This MoBo doesn't support this memory above 3600 with only 2 slots populated because it uses T-topology, you have 2 options here
1. get another 2 sticks and be able to run this Predators easy @4266;
2. go after another MoBo that uses "Daisy chain" RAM topology

I have myself the same kit (non-RGB) and can't go above 3600 stable, it can boot at 3733 but it's unstable and system crashes trying to game

On the other hand i could make it run stable 3600 CL 15-16-16-32 CR1 @1,35V on BIOS F7
https://valid.x86.fr/2h4t6p

Wil try to go lower on the timings without increasing the voltage soon.

This memory costs as much as many 3200 kits so I'd rather set it at lower frequency than sell it and lose money.
That was why i bought this kit in the first place, i got it for the same price as the 3600 kit and pennies over the 3200, already knew the limitation, but decided for it because i was interested in the higher "binning" so i had more chance of running 3600 at low latencies without paying the higher prices of the TridentZ kits

Last edited:
Sorry to inform you, maybe you already found the cause for this problem

This MoBo doesn't support this memory above 3600 with only 2 slots populated because it uses T-topology, you have 2 options here
1. get another 2 sticks and be able to run this Predators easy @4266;
2. go after another MoBo that uses "Daisy chain" RAM topology

I have myself the same kit (non-RGB) and can't go above 3600 stable, it can boot at 3733 but it's unstable and system crashes trying to game

On the other hand i could make it run stable 3600 CL 15-16-16-32 CR1 @1,35V on BIOS F7
https://valid.x86.fr/2h4t6p

Wil try to go lower on the timings without increasing the voltage soon.

That was why i bought this kit in the first place, i got it for the same price as the 3600 kit and pennies over the 3200, already knew the limitation, but decided for it because i was interested in the higher "binning" so i had more chance of running 3600 at low latencies without paying the higher prices of the TridentZ kits

First of all would like to thank's @Woomack for the job, I bought this memory kit after reading this thread.

My setup is a Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi with i5 9600k @ 5.0 Ghz and a Noctua D15S Cooler.

So, like @Tarso said, i haven't been able to get past 3600Mhz, but i managed to run it at C14 which is quite good i think, so, here are my results and i ask you guys what else can I do if theres anything to do otherwise buy another same kit to use the 4 slots and take advantage of the T-Topology of my Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi board.

Would like tho reach those insane speeds and timings that @Woomack have got!

Results:
https://valid.x86.fr/t2jnpf

cachemem-nova6.png

VDIMM - 1.45v
VCCIO - 1.3v
VCCSA - 1.3v

Last edited:
hopefully, you read the part where he stated he could not go past 3600 with cr1 set. Could be worth you time to make sure you are at cr2

hopefully, you read the part where he stated he could not go past 3600 with cr1 set. Could be worth you time to make sure you are at cr2

Like Aida64 is showing, i'am running them at CR2:

Capture.JPG

t2jnpf-6.png

Last edited:
A lot depends on the motherboard and some other factors. It's not guaranteed that CL14-14-14 will run stable at 3600 on your motherboard. The same CR1 depends on the motherboard. You can check higher frequency like 4266, 4400 or 4500 CL18-18-18 or CL19-19-19. On Intel it should give good results too but highly depends on the memory controller.

Attachments

• 183900_cachemem_2.png
    183900_cachemem_2.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 183900_stable_3.jpg
    183900_stable_3.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 183900_stablex.png
    183900_stablex.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 14
Back