• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cannot disable HD Audio controller in bios!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If your not using the onboard audio and your not using speakers, you don't need to disable it, you disable it only if your going to plug in an audio card. As for turning it off in Windows, sounds like your disabling it in Device Manager, and what you see in Device Manager is the NVIDIA HD Audio on the GPU. (see pic)

DeviceManager.jpg

Mine does not. I have it disabled in the bios and using my SBZ card: Tho Nvidia shows up, I have that disabled as well in Window's Audio Device Manager along with my LG TV's Speakers as this is what I'm using for my screen.

Attachments

• 2017-07-30.png
    2017-07-30.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 249
Thanks for all the suggestions. My main concern is not to disable the HD Audio but to understand why I couldn't do it. Considering what I have read on the MSI forum I can only conclude that it is a bug in the bios. I am happy as long as it is not a physical defect.

Back