• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I COULD NOT WAIT HERE IT IS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As they say, it's easier to ask forgiveness than for permission.

I'm fortunate enough to have an understanding wife that would let me buy something if I explained how important it was to me. I have not yet found something so important....

Last edited:
cw823 said:
As they say, it's easier to ask forgiveness than for permission.

I'm fortunate enough to have an understanding wife that would let me buy something if I explained how important it was to me. I have not yet found something so important....
LOL!

you haven't found something important enough to you to try to explain, or she has shown you that they aren't that important? :p

Anything that I get these days, usually has a few hundred dollar premium attached to it. I figured this is the only way to get my toys, and enjoy them without the bickering.

my conversations go something like this:

"I ordered a new video card for work and (this is where she forgets the first part) a $$$ pocketbook I thought would look good on you."

works every time. hopefully the Pavlov principle kicks in and I can substitute the pocketbooks for treats or something.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
LOL!

you haven't found something important enough to you to try to explain, or she has shown you that they aren't that important? :p

Haven't found anything important enough....yet. And she is no Pavlov's dog either.....her psychology masters greatly outweighs my HS diploma. :)

I'm going to ask a question here that noone has asked yet and it needs to be asked........

Why on everything holy would you pave your backyard??!!?!?! It would be cheaper to buy a lawn mower. :shrug:

Now that's out of the way.......Your my new hero, if I did that after my wife already had plans for the money that nice setup you just ordered I would have to have it surgically removed from my ars!! :eek:

Paving the back yard would just make the property worth less.. I can only hope that was a joke on her part :p

Good luck :D

That MB isn't that great to be honest. Horrible Over clocking abilities from what I have read in most reviews for it. And its insanely overpriced for no good reason. I would suggest the new revision eVGA 680i board, the $249 one on newegg.

AC3421 said:
That MB isn't that great to be honest. Horrible Over clocking abilities from what I have read in most reviews for it. And its insanely overpriced for no good reason. I would suggest the new revision eVGA 680i board, the $249 one on newegg.
Too late for that seeing as he already hit the order button.

T.N.D. said:
Smart move, been married close to 20 years, it's much easier to say I'm sorry after the fact than to try to talk your wife/girlfriend into spending that much money on a computer.

T.N.D.
hi'
right :lol:
so right :)

i686

HAAA

She will get over it :beer:
" GET OVER IT U ARE MY WIFE I AM NOT YOURS "

The way i see it is wait till i order the 30" Dell
then what :eek:

I will post pics when i get it clocked

Just explain concrete/flags are boring, sit her down infront of the computer, let her play WoW and then... erm wait that isn't a good idea you'll never get her off it :D

That's a real pretty case. I'll have to put it on my watch list when I build another computer next year.

Hehe, thats a horrible thing to do to ur wife lol, nice rig none the less, but I have to comment on the Striker,

Its really not that good lol, although it is more stable now, I think i should have invested in something cheaper
The on board audio is probibly the crappiest i have ever seen/used

I guess its all for show :)

Back