• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I COULD NOT WAIT HERE IT IS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
cw823 said:
Only if you let her do the same. We budget for it....beginning of the year I plan on how much I can spend.....plus.....selling old stuff and PC work on the side adds to that money.....normally keep it in paypal. As long as we have a roof over our heads I never get any complaints. :)
Looks like we are some of the few here who think like that. While I'm not quite married yet, I still find a budget to be great help. If I didn't have a budget, I'd probably have 2 or three great systems by now... and be a broke college student. Instead I've saved up for a great system to build and I'll have enough to travel and still survive once I graduate. There's no reason you can't have a fun spending category in your budget (and it can be as big as you want).

Now on the other hand, I won't let any woman know how money is in my bank account (or probably even what I earn) until we have said "I do". And I'll probably splurge on PC parts the day before the wedding anyway... I mean, at that point it is still my money. After that it's "ours" :(.

On Topic: Nice rig there man. Glad to hear your wife hasn't killed (or maimed) you. If you even do this again, you may want to tell her instead of her finding out... usually works better that way.

badenglishihave said:
Thank goodness I'm in college and have excuses like "I need to concentrate on studying right now" to get me out of marriage with my girlfriend ;) . Why is it no woman recognizes the kind of self-control and self-discipline that it takes to live on bread and water just to afford top-notch hardware? :D

only a few more years and i can use that excuse and plus i should be makin a good bit of money from geeksquad lol

I too have to somehow get a 3000 dollar system past my fiancee's watchful eye. It will be hard, but this summer I am going to build the ultimate rig and do it without letting her in on it.

Back