• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I COULD NOT WAIT HERE IT IS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its only getting better

I ordered one 8800GTX EvGA from NEWEGG.com
Price 569.99
30.00 mail in rebate and free shipping

Now fight or not you cant be that price
thatsanice!
i have to wait on the other card as my funds are done for this week

Ahh and i just saw that all the sites i got my crap from all took PayPal
If i would have used my PayPal account where all my money for my system was she would not have even suspected a things
Things would just have started showing up

Ohh well for next time:eek:

The striker extreme is not reallly bad as long as your CPU has a decent multi. They can at least in the 500 fsb range so with a 6600 you are pretty much set unless your looking to brake records.

okay so i am done.
I order my two 8800GTX cards today so i am all done
:beer:

waiting on delivery

Nice build and I suggest you wear a cup when your back is turned to her.:D (Thinking of the scene in "click" when Adam Sandler puts Sean Astin on pause)

Got some things already

So i got my
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Floppy Drive
DVD Drive

still waiting on the rest and to think i came home early just to see what i might have gotten from the mail man but agh nothing else for today
:beer:

I spend around $1200 on a new core2duo system from the egg. Ordered wednesday, from newegg, based in CA, got it today UPS ground.

Good, right? Everything but my video card. :(

Thank goodness I'm in college and have excuses like "I need to concentrate on studying right now" to get me out of marriage with my girlfriend ;) . Why is it no woman recognizes the kind of self-control and self-discipline that it takes to live on bread and water just to afford top-notch hardware? :D

Last edited:
quite honestly i can't believe you guys haven't learned how to hoard away money. Open a seperate checking account or leech it into a paypal account. 20 years ago a friend of mines step-father told us to never let a woman know how much money you've got, for some reason i've always remembered that.
Secondly, never, ever admit or even volunteer information as to exactly how much an item costs. If it costs $300 bucks, tell the wife or g/f it costs $90. :)

Congrats and Good Luck to the OP.

Scar said:
quite honestly i can't believe you guys haven't learned how to hoard away money. Open a seperate checking account or leech it into a paypal account. 20 years ago a friend of mines step-father told us to never let a woman know how much money you've got, for some reason i've always remembered that.
Secondly, never, ever admit or even volunteer information as to exactly how much an item costs. If it costs $300 bucks, tell the wife or g/f it costs $90. :)

Only if you let her do the same. We budget for it....beginning of the year I plan on how much I can spend.....plus.....selling old stuff and PC work on the side adds to that money.....normally keep it in paypal. As long as we have a roof over our heads I never get any complaints. :)

YOU Guys are right

Yea you are right here is where I made my first mistake
I have a Pay Pal account but not thinking till after I transferred the money from pay pal to my bank account <--Mistake Numerouno
Then I did not tell here till she found out <--Mistake NumeroDuo
But she is over it we have enough to pay bill and crap so I am not stressed about it

Just like any Woman they just want to have something to complain about so I let her
She has since apologized to me for the way she reacted <apologized to me Ha: confused: >
But I do have to say she has not real clue how much I really spent on the system because the two cases, two 8800GTX and 1 Raptor all came from the pay pal directly so she thinks I spent about 1000.00
:eek:

We won’t tell her right guys as I reach into my pocket for your bribe

Scar said:
quite honestly i can't believe you guys haven't learned how to hoard away money. Open a seperate checking account or leech it into a paypal account. 20 years ago a friend of mines step-father told us to never let a woman know how much money you've got, for some reason i've always remembered that. :)

Quoted for truth! I work two jobs right now, doing some website work on the side, ALL of that money is being saved/used for computer goodies/addiction. I transfer it into the paypal account and use the debit mastercard for the purchasing... but most of the time it's all cash transactions.

LOL, honestly i dont think she even cares what i do with it... she makes more money than i do working at Lowes :beer:

~ Gos

Back