• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I finally got my EVGA notification for RTX 3080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

Lol, I was put in the queue back in March and finally received a notification. Back when I first ordered, it was like $799-850ish but not available. Now they are selling it for $1400+, $1500 after taxes and shipping.

Lol, Nvidia can kiss my ***. I use my GTX 1080 until it won't work anymore. I swear, the greed is out of this world.

Lol, I was put in the queue back in March and finally received a notification. Back when I first ordered, it was like $799-850ish but not available. Now they are selling it for $1400+, $1500 after taxes and shipping.

Lol, Nvidia can kiss my ***. I use my GTX 1080 until it won't work anymore. I swear, the greed is out of this world.
Was that a 3080 Ti? That would be comparable to a 3090 and is the right price.

otherwise the 3080 ..yeah that would be out of line.

Agreed with dfonda, which card is it? You could probably re-sell it [if you wanted to] for more than you pay for it.

Was that a 3080 Ti? That would be comparable to a 3090 and is the right price.

otherwise the 3080 ..yeah that would be out of line.
It was a 3080. The 3080Ti hadn't been announced yet. I will just wait until prices settle down.

Good lord that's crazy they are asking for those prices. The two 3080s I got from EVGA were from the OG MSRP of around $800

Now it's starting to make sense. Thanks for pointing that out. That is what I thought too because I'm still waiting for another notify and none of them would be anywhere close to that.

I'm looking at the bottom cards.. Like the RTX-3060ti or even the 3070 when they are back to MSRP. I'll even take some AMD RX-6600xt or 6700xt also.
I would LOVE if someone would see if NVIDIA's or AMD's cards will run in SLI/CF in Win 7/10/11. IIRC Johan45 verified that AMD's last series 5xxx would do CF in DX-12.
Even if they are available the RXT-3050 and RX-6500 will not be able to give RT at 60fps/1080p.

Yeah, I live in the US. When you get a Notification, they give you 20 hours to complete your purchase. You log into your account and they send you a code to enter.

I was as surprised as everyone else. I figured maybe 800-900 dollars, but nope. I really expected what they have posted on their website, but it wasn't. I didn't take a SS because I was so disgusted, I just said....Nope.

It was over $1400 for a non TI. They don't even show you the price until you are ready to enter your credit card. I felt ill. I had waited all of this time to only turn it down. I won't be purchasing a card for the foreseeable future, and EVGA will be the last place I look. I feel betrayed. All of my gear is EVGA.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 203349.jpg

Last edited:

I want to say that you misread. The products for the price are the Tis. I went on the EVGA subreddits and saw people saying they got their queue notices for 3080 ftw cards...

$1000 after tax and shipping.
After reading your email, I went back and looked. You are right. I had both a 3080 and 3080Ti on back order, my Notification was for a 12G-P5-3967-KR, so in fact yes a RTX 3080Ti.

I would rather have had the 3080 for 900 than a 3080Ti for $1500 anyways. But thanks for helping me to clear that up.

I can also see where everyone else is coming from. Had I bought it and re-sold it, I would have probably made a couple of dollars (although not worth the effort to me). A 3080Ti would be nice, but I don't need that much card for what I do.

Full disclosure: I was at work when this email came in. I panicked because I was pretty excited. I logged in at work, something I really shouldn't have been doing anyways, but I was nervous about the 20 hour thing, and people were saying they were missing their notifications. Once I saw the price, I thought it was terrible, no way I was going to pay that much for a 3080. In retrospect, a 3080Ti would have been a nice addition, but I really spent entirely too much this Christmas and my daughter is getting married in Germany this year, so $1500 would about pay for the plane ticket.

Last edited:
As someone who has both a 3080 and a 3080Ti (Tee-Eye or TIE) the bump in performance was worth it to me.

If you want the Ti email EVGA and see if they will resend you a link.

And yes, I too way over spent in December.

Back