• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have 600$ to Buy a Video Card/Cards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LegitJesusMode

Registered
I was thinking about 2 GTX 460s or 2 5850s but cant make up my mind, I'm open to pretty much anything as long as its 600$ or less lol. thanks for any help in advanced.

My Build
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
Motherboard:MSI NF750-G55 (will be upgrading to Crosshair IV Extreme after christmas)
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 1600
PSU: XFX 650 Watt (will be upgrading to HX1000 when i order the cards)

I was thinking about 2 GTX 460s or 2 5850s but cant make up my mind, I'm open to pretty much anything as long as its 600$ or less lol. thanks for any help in advanced.

My Build
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945
Motherboard:MSI NF750-G55 (will be upgrading to Crosshair IV Extreme after christmas)
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 1600
PSU: XFX 650 Watt (will be upgrading to HX1000 when i order the cards)

460s may have better tesselation than the 5850s (at least the 480s do) but the new ATI 6000 series will be out soon and are expected to have better tesselation so you might be able to find 2 mainstream cards that will be comparable. those will be important in newer DX11 games.

An important question... what resolution are you currently on and do you plan to upgrade that?

Stay with a single card. SLI/Crossfire, IMHO is just not worth it monetarily speaking and trouble multi card setups sometimes have vs single card.

With that res, I would just get either a single 5870 or a single GTX470/480. Both of those will chew up anything at that res.

As far as the waiting game, you will be playing that forever if you wait for the next best thing to come out. I dont believe the 6k series is due until November or so. And who knows what they will be like as I havent heard any details (especially about tesselation changes) yet. Though I havent been looking either so that could be true.

Back