• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a huge favor to ask everyone on my life saving forum. everyone, PLZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

REVAMPED POST. I can order a keyboard and motherboard from anywhere. I want to stay under 200$, would like to stay around 175. I need a 10keyless mech keyboard with blue switches and a motherboard for my 4690k. I may want to do some overclocking, maybe not. It is not of importance though. Also if there are ANY power supply deals, PLEASE link me to one also. Ive been searching for hours and I just dont know whats reliable and whats good anymore. any input would help. Im looking for a solid 550-750 wat no more than 50$ and thats if we can get a motherboard for around 80$. Please you guys, youre my life savers. I dont know what I used to any longer. If a non backlit keyboard is cheap, that is fine. i currently have a ducky shine with black switches. I need it to be 10keyless though, I dont like the full size, I hit it with my mouse. I really would like studio monitors like the sennheisers I linked, but if there is something flashy on this page please let me know. the headset on amazon is the only thing on a 30ish dollar budet.

Last edited:
HUGE change of plans. I want a backlit high quality blue switch 10 keyless keyboard for 70ish... and I want a badass motherboard that I can SLI my 960 in the future with. Can be brand new, from any site. I just dont trust ebay and used parts. If something went wrong i would spaz. What is a GREAT AVERAGE motherboard?

headset has to be amazon, everything else ebay. let me check this out. I have 30$ amazon flat.

Not to tell you what to do with your money... but they question "why" comes to mind.

Pick a budget, go with a budget. Changing your mind doesn't help you and wastes our (my) time.

Not to tell you what to do with your money... but they question "why" comes to mind.

Pick a budget, go with a budget. Changing your mind doesn't help you and wastes our (my) time.

I updated the entire post, please re-read. I need help and to order by morning.

I am ordering the headset on my own and have 30 dollars, which is why thats the only thing with a limit. I have a 200$ limit for everything else. would like an 80 dollar motherboard, 60 dollar keyboard, and if there is a PSU on sale somewhere that would rule. If not, we can go a little higher on the motherboard and keyboard. Im sorry, im very excited and in a hurry.

Paragraphs would make it easier to read your posts. You've got fifteen sentences in one paragraph in your first post.

And why so cheap on the motherboard? Most "decent" LGA1150 motherboards are around the $140-200 range last I checked. Below that is generally stuff that will work, and be "okay-ish," but not really that good. Generally, if a motherboard is really cheap, there's a reason, and usually that reason is "because it's not a good product."

Edit: this one might be okay, if you don't mind taking the risk of a refurbished board not working. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132400

Last edited:
Im sorry about that.. Its up to you guys if you trust it.. Like I said, What would the difference be in performance if i bought a high quality board without all the zigs and zags? Is there like a 75$ reliable motherboard. I just play counterstrike.. Though I do like what you linked... Look at the last review :( I wish 10 people would reply with their choice of budget motherboard.

- - - Updated - - -

I currently have this, and I never want to see an MSI board again. Im more or less looking to spend 100 dollars on the most reliable, lasting motherboard. http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/sop/5279498454.html

Whats wrong with your motherboard that you are so hell bent on getting rid of it?

If its having problems, and if thats your craigslist post, you have some serious misrepresentation going on; but thats another discussion all together.

You're changing your mind quite a bit here. It was 120$ from ONLY EBAY, now its 200$ from anywhere; you want a 140$ keyboard for 70$, and a psu as well.

Sort yourself first, post your system stats, and we can help you from there.

Whats wrong with your motherboard that you are so hell bent on getting rid of it?

If its having problems, and if thats your craigslist post, you have some serious misrepresentation going on; but thats another discussion all together.

You're changing your mind quite a bit here. It was 120$ from ONLY EBAY, now its 200$ from anywhere; you want a 140$ keyboard for 70$, and a psu as well.

Sort yourself first, post your system stats, and we can help you from there.

i play cs competitively. Everything has to be 100% air tight. Have you read the reviews on my motherboard that i currently have? Ive only had it for under 3 weeks, but it was a gift from newegg from my grandfather in California, sending it back and all that hassle isnt worth it to me.

i5 4690k, evga 80+ 500 wat, 8 gigs ddr 1866, evo 840 pro, wd black backup, hyper 212, gigabyte G1 gtx 960 4gb.

My buddy said he likes to order on ebay, at first. Then he said it doesnt matter, if you want to get all new stuff just order it from wherever you want. So I just need a motherboard and a keyboard. Im looking to spend 175 all together.

I originally got my motherboard to match my MSI r9 390, but i just dont like AMD any more. Not as good for counter strike. I just want something a little bit lighter than my ducky, and I want it tenkeyless. Ive had the black switches on 3 keyboards for 5 years and I am just noticing myself fumbling around more often as I get older due to the weight of the switches. I want my PC to be 100% perfect.

The msi board is a 100% gimmick with an ethernet port killer e2200 that I HATE. It made me uncomfortable for days and I just want something basic, And I need a tenkeyless because I hit my mouse against it.. I dont know much about khalil switches, but I dont like a click in my keyboard. Im looking for black type switches, just a little lighter, and a basic motherboard that is very reliable. That is all. Please forgive me for being indecisive at first. Its not every day that your friend tells you he will buy you whatever you need, and I would like to have him the links within 4 hours before he goes to work.

This is my current keyboard, with black switches.

http://www.amazon.com/DK2108s-Mecha...p/B00M896ZBY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I just want something lighter. I dont like the click all that much, and the tenkeyless is just perfect. Im thinking maybe some of the off china brand switches will have something like black but lighter, or there may be one lighter with a small click. that would be fine. I just need something a tad lighter.

Im thinking a nice bet would be a new motherboard, and an ebay keyboard possibly? I dont know. I just cant figure out what to get. Ive met alot of gurus on here and I just want GRADE A average stuff that will turn on in the snow.

Last edited:
For the headset, go with the Xiaomi Piston 3 and make sure to buy direct from Amazon since there are some fakes and factory rejects out there.

are there other viable chipsets? I dont overclock. Is h97 the same as z97? Should I trust a refurb or open box from newegg? Theres just gotta be a solid 75-95$ motherboard out there that will zip through counterstrike. I wish I woulda never got this msi...

- - - Updated - - -

For the headset, go with the Xiaomi Piston 3 and make sure to buy direct from Amazon since there are some fakes and factory rejects out there.
Im really looking for over the ear headphones. This is a rough night lol.. Im thinking about keeping the ducky and getting whatever motherboard I want... Or getting a cheap mech keyboard. I wish someone would link me the keyboard im looking for. Ive been doing research and I just cant find a like black switch but lighter. If I can find a 60 dollar keyboard, i can grab a 110 motherboard.

Well, Im just gonna get a 'good' motherboard and maybe some ram. so link away. try to stay at 115 or so. I have ballistix 10-10-10-30-150-1t.. I forget what anything means anymore. Its so depressing.. I just want to get a motherboard and something else. What motherboard should I get. Anyone. just a quality reliable board.... no gimmicks, just straight to the point and long lasting.

Wanting to buy the newest motherboard out there is there a list?

Im looking for a list of 1150 motherboards that are the newest. released within the last month or 2 for 100-150. Is there a list of releases or anything like that?

Matching it with my i5 4690k(could upgrade in the future) and a 4 gig gtx 960, maybe going sli. But Im just looking for something brand new mostly, freshly released.

There are no boards like that simply because 1150 is "old" socket and there is already newer generation on the market. All 9 series boards have couple of months ( more like 6 months+ ). Z170 motherboards have already 2-3 months.

There are no boards like that simply because 1150 is "old" socket and there is already newer generation on the market. All 9 series boards have couple of months ( more like 6 months+ ). Z170 motherboards have already 2-3 months.

Can you link me a solid 100-135$ motherboard from amazon(most durable and reliable, I only play CSGO) and a super reliable power supply. I dont want to pass 170$ seasonic or something.. I just want the most reliable stuff.

i54690k, gtx 960 4gb (power can stay a little low but who knows i may go sli) evo samsung and wd black, 8gb ballistix 1866. Im in a hurry, would like to order this morning.

Are there any new motherboards that are compatible with the 4690k and a new processor if I were to upgrade?? What would you buy if you were in this position.

I really don't know what to recommend. All my Z87/Z97 boards went to RMA 1-3 times and I had ASRock, ASUS and Gigabyte.
ASRock boards seem to be good but I had no chance to test any non-OCF ASRock for 1150 socket. Anyway OCF members are recommending them:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0... z97&qid=1445507603&ref_=sr_1_11&s=pc&sr=1-11
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ck z97&qid=1445507603&ref_=sr_1_5&s=pc&sr=1-5

Maybe someone else will recommend other boards.

crud, horrible reviews :( and a micro.. hmm... I hate thissss

Back