• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a huge favor to ask everyone on my life saving forum. everyone, PLZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As woomack said there are no Socket 1150 boards coming out in the new future it's a dead socket, same applies for the I5 4690k. Stop reading all these reviews form the electronic sellers, very few people write a review when they have a positive experience. Find a board that fits your budget and needs and buy it.

On a side note, try keeping your questions about a specific product to one thread please. You have another thread started already asking about motherboards and have had answers there also. It helps us help you when you know exactly what you are looking for. We can't help you if you are going to be all over the place. You have 6 threads on choosing a motherboard for the 4690k maybe go back and read through them and see if you can find a board?!?

I will steal this from a fellow forum member:
"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."

Merged threads...

Thatbonokid. Some advice... please don't shotgun the forums with multiple threads on the same or similar subjects. This causes problems in a couple of ways. First, for you, there are multiple threads to look at for your same/similar information instead of one. Generally, its easier in one. Second, those helping you have answered you in multiple threads. We are all volunteers, please do not forget. The less repeat work we have to do, the better we can take care of you, and others...!

Please help us help you. Be detailed yet concise and consider using better grammar, even when you are in a hurry! Just try to keep things to the least amount of threads as appropriate. :) :thup:

i play cs competitively. Everything has to be 100% air tight. Have you read the reviews on my motherboard that i currently have? Ive only had it for under 3 weeks, but it was a gift from newegg from my grandfather in California, sending it back and all that hassle isnt worth it to me.

i5 4690k, evga 80+ 500 wat, 8 gigs ddr 1866, evo 840 pro, wd black backup, hyper 212, gigabyte G1 gtx 960 4gb.

My buddy said he likes to order on ebay, at first. Then he said it doesnt matter, if you want to get all new stuff just order it from wherever you want. So I just need a motherboard and a keyboard. Im looking to spend 175 all together.

I originally got my motherboard to match my MSI r9 390, but i just dont like AMD any more. Not as good for counter strike. I just want something a little bit lighter than my ducky, and I want it tenkeyless. Ive had the black switches on 3 keyboards for 5 years and I am just noticing myself fumbling around more often as I get older due to the weight of the switches. I want my PC to be 100% perfect.

The msi board is a 100% gimmick with an ethernet port killer e2200 that I HATE. It made me uncomfortable for days and I just want something basic, And I need a tenkeyless because I hit my mouse against it.. I dont know much about khalil switches, but I dont like a click in my keyboard. Im looking for black type switches, just a little lighter, and a basic motherboard that is very reliable. That is all. Please forgive me for being indecisive at first. Its not every day that your friend tells you he will buy you whatever you need, and I would like to have him the links within 4 hours before he goes to work.

This is my current keyboard, with black switches.

http://www.amazon.com/DK2108s-Mecha...p/B00M896ZBY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I just want something lighter. I dont like the click all that much, and the tenkeyless is just perfect. Im thinking maybe some of the off china brand switches will have something like black but lighter, or there may be one lighter with a small click. that would be fine. I just need something a tad lighter.

Im thinking a nice bet would be a new motherboard, and an ebay keyboard possibly? I dont know. I just cant figure out what to get. Ive met alot of gurus on here and I just want GRADE A average stuff that will turn on in the snow.

I still don't understand what playing cs go competitively has to do with your motherboard selection.

There are no "grade A" "basic" motherboards for "cheap" (unless you get one used or redefine what "cheap" is).

You say you don't like the click and hate the feel, but are asking for blues (now to blacks apparently...) when it's clear you want reds. An mx cherry keyboard with back lighting doesn't exist for 70$ either.

Frankly you're wasting people's time. Sort what you need and stop shooting people's suggestions down because you see a bad review. I can show you bad reviews of maximus boards.

Last edited:
I still don't understand what playing cs go competitively has to do with your motherboard selection.

There are no "grade A" "basic" motherboards for "cheap" (unless you get one used or redefine what "cheap" is).

You say you don't like the click and hate the feel, but are asking for blues (now to blacks apparently...) when it's clear you want reds. A back lit mx cherry keyboard with back lighting doesn't exist for 70$ either.

Frankly you're wasting people's time. Sort what you need and stop shooting people's suggestions down because you see a bad review. I can show you bad reviews of maximus boards.
Amen to that.

I was assuming he would want Cherry MX Red or Brown, since he doesn't like the Black keys.

As to the OP, quite frankly it isn't a good idea to choose something like a motherboard in just a few hours or overnight. It's an important purchase and component in a PC, and you shouldn't impulse buy a motherboard. It takes weeks or months of research normally to select good quality components that are all compatible with one another. I've been doing research for six months now easily, maybe closer to a year, and I still haven't built my next PC. The last PC I did build I was doing research for the parts for around six to eight months.

Also, a "good" power supply for $50 or less doesn't really exist, unless it's used or on an outrageous sale. Power supplies with a regular price of $50 or less are usually just junk, that you should avoid.

Why you have such hatred for your current motherboard and power supply, I don't know.

What is the actual model number of your power supply anyway? Maybe we can inform you as to whether or not it is a good model?

As far as motherboard, I would normally recommend an ASRock Z97 Extreme6. Since it sounds like you won't be using sub-zero cooling or going for any massive overclocks. If you're cooling it with ambient cooling (read: air or water cooling/liquid cooling) this is one of the most highly recommended motherboards around this forum for LGA1150 with a Z97 chipset.

Oh, and based upon your needs, I couldn't find any good boards with an H97 chipset that supported SLI and fit into your price bracket when I was looking last night.

One thing about competitive gaming in FPS's.

You don't want to be running with all graphical settings enabled. So having graphics on Ultra is not a plus for you.
Max the FPS you get. And you really do not need a maxed out system to do this for a game that came out in 2012.

Sure, it may be an ego boost, and look really cool on a stats page or forum signature, but seriously do some research on gaming forums, and ask other CSGO players for hardware tips.

There are quite a few game specific clans out there that will share system/game configuration specs.

Here's a build from a 2014 post on tomshardware.com's forums, concerning a CSGO/DOTA system for *at the time* around $1300
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers...a-gaming-streaming-future-proof.html#12519436

Now, this just gives you an idea of what is out there information wise. Took me about 5 minutes of google-magic to find.
Just maybe update the options on that system loadout to more current options/prices, cpu/memory/storage wise.

Back