• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need advice on putting windows 7 on a Macbook.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's awesome. I love this computer. Best investment I've put money in. I just ordered the software so I Hope it comes in before friday

Yeah, how long a chance did you give it? Did you just walk into the apple store and give the computer a try there. You really have to try some things like photoshop on a mac to see how smooth it runs.

Well a buddy of mine had the hi-resolution one and I tried his out. I have cs6 and I love how nice it runs. I went and ordered mine at apple to make it as custom as I can.

Well from another Mac owner/grew up on one i'd like to say welcome to the Apple Side of the force! the only reason i went and started building my computer is because it isn't the best for gaming unless you go with something ridiculously expensive.

Well 4 years really. When I was in high school they have every single student Mac Book Pros and that was theirs to take home. Before I discount it I need to say pros and cons:
Pros:
So smooth and fast
Very Secure I still use icloud
Great Professional Tools
Cost and license agreement of the software
Clean look
All the office tools like pages
Many more...

Cons:
Hardware Compatibility
Cost of apple branded hardware
Steve Jobs
Only geared towards Professionals and not everyday users
Software Compatibility

I would live to build a dual boot system though for Windows and MAC OS... There are advantages to both.

Yeah I totally agree. I use the laptop to program my four Wheeler and Photoshop. The gaming rig for everything else. I love building and I'm on my second rig

Nice... I should not have said I hate it as there are uses I see my self needing soon...

I've just about finished my first rig, than i'm going to be getting an iMac, than building a rig just for gaming... All and all when i'm done i'll have about 30000$ worth of PC rigs and peripherals in my bedroom xD Insurance would have a good one if the house goes up in flames xD

That's true... Be sure to keep all your receipts for proof. Did you do a build log fir your rig?

Yeah I did. I got all the parts while I was deployed and put it together when I got home

Well I'll be Quad Firing 7950s... You know Four 7970s will destroy titans...

I work... A lot... I should also add i'm only 15 and i'm paying for this... So no bills that i have to pay other than my SIM card bill for my ipad. I also beg to differ the 4 7950s will destroy 2 titans. Once you account quad Crossfire driver issues, and all the rest the titans would come on top i think.

Ok so I have it loaded in my MacBook but the thing I'm having problems with is the Graphics drivers. It shows that I don't have one in my computer... On the windows side anyways. I can't even load solitare with out it going into graphic rendering mode. Whats the best way to go. every thing is updated on the windows update and I've emailed apple and intel.

Back