• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompletePCnoob

Guys recently i received all my pc parts and i've put them togheter after alot of work and starting the pc i just noticed a black screen on my monitor i tried installing windows cause i thought that the computer couldn't display anything cause there wasn't anything to display but i came to the conlusion my pc wasn't just working , then i had to move my pc to another room and after starting it my fans wouldn't even turn on only the green light on my gpu and a few leds on my mother board turned on so now i can't even let my fans running
i need some serious help this is my first pc build and i am messing up , i checked all cables and nothing was loose everything is plugged in and stuff

Case : Corsair Obsidian series 750D
Gpu : Asus Gtx780
HDD : WD Green 3tb
Motherboard : Asus Z87-A
SSD : Samsung 840 EVO basic 120Gb
Power Supply : Corsair RM series RM750
RAM : Corsair vengeance 16gb 1600Mhz
CPU Cooler : H100i
CPU : Intel Core I7 4770k
Fans : Noctua's

Sounds like you may have a grounding issue or something. make sure you dont have a mb mounting peg somewhere it's not supposed to be.
Other things to check:
Bent pins in the MB socket
The 8-pin aux CPU power lead is plugged in
Memory properly seated
You might need a fan connected to the MB's CPU fan header for initial boot.

You can also try disconnecting everything from the motherboard except one stick of memory, the video card, just the bare essentials needed to get into BIOS.

First, check and recheck that the ram sticks and the video card are firmly seated in their slots. Same with any other add on pci cards you may have installed in the motherboard.

Also make sure you have both 12v power leads connected to the motherboard. The main power lead is has 24 pins and the secondary one has 4 or 8 pins. Both have to be plugged into the motherboard for the system to power up.

Third, your video card requires direct power feed from the PSU; one, maybe even two connections. Make sure you have those in place.

If these first three measures don't solve the issue, then remove all but one stick of RAM. If this doesn't impact the problem then remove components from the case and set them up on top of a box or table top. What we call "bread boarding" it. What you describe sounds like it could be a ground out problem. It's very easy to have one of the mounting studs misplaced or have an extra one on the motherboard tray that is grounding out against the circuitry on the underside of the motherboard.

Back