• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i sold my sweet 2.6c for a 3.0c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

I wish i had kept my 2.6 i sold it so i could get a 3.0c never thinking that I wouldnt be able to OC it.But as it is i could OC my 2.6 all the way too 3.275GHZ.And my 3.0 will do 3.4ghz stable I had it at 3.5 but i had to backit down..Stupid 12 cap SL6WK BATCH #L348 version.Well any way my 2.6 would stomp this 3.0 in bench marks.i Lost fps and my scores all went down in
mark04 -03 -01.Not by a whole bunch but enough to **** me off......lol I knew that at the same speed it wouldnt be as fast because of the difference in the front side bus But i thought id be able to at least hit a fsb 240 -245.i mean i got good enough cooling and i have a compu-nurse to monitor the temps . i guess im gonna have hit the volts now.i I just thought i should get a least 500 ghz more on airw/default voltages :temper: :burn:

P.S sorry for posting in the wrong threrad.

Last edited:
lol

no worries my friend. i had the similar problem when i went from my 2.0a p4 northwood to my 2.8b. i was able to hit 2.8 on the 2.0a without any voltage increases. :cool: but when i got my 2.8b, i wasnt able to go past 3.0ghz without having to bump the voltage up to 1.535. so trust me, i know how you feel ;)

I am so mad at the moment no matter what i do i cant get past 220fsb you all see my specs below .i should have no problems hitting 3.5 but i cant. Well the frist night i had it at 3.5 but not since.And 2 more things i cant even run GAT.Now this is whats really making me even mad :bang head .I can deal with this board at 220 fsb i mean its plenty fast but if i run the fsb any higher than default which on this board is fsb 204.My TDK 420n DVD+- RW(master) and my Artec DVD rom(SLAVE) dont show in the Bios.Then i have to clear cmos to get them back .What gives here?This is making me nut's P.S My girl friend is so mad at me because she cant get me away from computer .She says that i love my computer more than her :argue: ...lol Well if one of them has to go lets just say my pc will still be in my living room...lol SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS ....lol

Last edited:
if you can get the cooling for it, try getting a 2.8e. it's what i got and i can get it to 3.4 on normal voltage. max stable overclock i've been able to get so far is 3.7 and i have it running 24/7 at 3.6.

Hey i found out this cpu really needs volts to over clock.I was a little afraid to go over 1.6 but i took it up to 1.65cpu/ 2.95 on the memory and i delete tht uguru i think that had a lot to do with it.
right now im at
3.410ghz fsb227 volts 1.625
memory 2.95 volts ddr454
cpu temp 31c
northbridge29c
case 30c
now i am happier but i still want 3.6 but i dont think im gonna hit it not with out maxing out the cpu voltage.what is the highest safe volts i should go

Back