• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I've been scammed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Silversinksam said:
I removed the post with his possible name, I have to ask is that the name he gave you to pay via Western Union?
You are lucky as I live exactly 150 miles from that address. If the police need to be notified, I will see what I can do.

Edit. I am now 100% sure this is a troll situation, this person that scammed you has ripped off many others, three separate people at [H] and one at another forum, there may be more, but lutawicasa and i will hunt this scumbag down, I am very close to this Troll as I mentioned and I will drive to the Police Dept in his town, but I will need to get much info from you, specifically a notarized or certified statement of the situation, and any and all receipts and ALL INFO.
I will e-mail you what I need you to do. Please give me and Lutawicasa time to organize our info.

But in the meantime, please run a trace of this cashed Western Union payment to get us started, I want this troll to see the inside of a prison cell or a juvenile detention center if he is a minor.

Edit #2
Using Visualroute IP tracker, even though he is using an anonymous e-mail, I have tracked this troll down and he is using AOL, provided this is not a phished account, this may be helpful.

Yeah! Skin that Troll and make a wallet out a his "behind!" :)

dang SSS, did I ever tell you how much I love you? please never get mad at me 'cause this guy is about to get owned

ps- if ya guys want a third to make a trio I'd be more than willing to show up ^_^

I will contact Credit Card compnay and run a trace ASAP. Do I just need to ask the bank to do this? Is their anything else you need?

Edit: Yes that was the name he gave for Western Union, and the name he used to collect the money.

whitebloodcell said:
Edit: Yes that was the name he gave for Western Union, and the name he used to collect the money.

Then it's likely that was his real name, too, because you have to show an ID card when picking up the money (unless he stole one somewhere)

Anybody that lives nearby could check his name and adress in a phonebook...

Being scammed sucks. I must've lost ~5k on all the scams i've been through, but you learn I guess. Hey SSS, if you need any help tracking this troll down, I'm in Port Richey (34668), and I'll be glad to help you get this guy. LMK what I can do :)

I just spoke to the HSBC (CC company) and according to them the transaction has not gone through. Shouldnt Western Union be instant? There has been no withdrawal for a few days, and even then not for that amount. So they couldnt run a trace. Wtf is going on? I recieved the Email saying the money had been picked up!?

if worse come to worse you can always take him to small claims court
you will win EASY
you just have to have reciepts from him/e mails

but next time use paypal it guarantees your money back for fraudulent crap like this

also Western Union sucks
i sent a money order for $300 (truck payment)

and it got lost
i sent a claim ticket to WU
and NEVER got my money back!!!
i will never go through that crap hole company again

whitebloodcell said:
I just spoke to the HSBC (CC company) and according to them the transaction has not gone through. Shouldnt Western Union be instant? There has been no withdrawal for a few days, and even then not for that amount. So they couldnt run a trace. Wtf is going on? I recieved the Email saying the money had been picked up!?

As I told you in my last e-mail to you, YOU MUST contact HSBC and either cancel or do a chargeback on this transaction ASAP. I am positive this is a con artist. If your parents do not understand what a chargeback is, I will call them and explain it to them, but time is against you and you need to act fast. If the Credit Card company wants me to prove this is FRAUD I will gladly call them and speak to their security dept.

whitebloodcell said:
Me neither. I used to think Western union was a big and respected company for this sort of thing. Clearly not the respected part.

Western Union is the #1 payment method of choice of Trolls. whitebloodcell is very lucky he used a credit card, most use cash and most never get their money back. The Nigerian 411 scammers almost exclusively uses Western Union victims. (The link above is people scamming the scammers, but the problem is a serious one)

:eh?:

Spoken to the bank again. The payment has not gone through yet, though if it does they cannot stop it, but we will be able to claim it back. I have contacted Western Union and they are investigating this situation. The payment had been cancelled and they said the money would be frozen and refunded. So I am not sure how he collected the money.

he may have collected it from a place like ACE (a check cashing place)
and since this is a weekend the havent sent it to the bank for fund transfer

Contra said:
he may have collected it from a place like ACE (a check cashing place)
and since this is a weekend the havent sent it to the bank for fund transfer

Still in that case the bank has a claim on the money and they can't just 'refuse payment' since they already gave it out (if the information given is correct)

Sjaak said:
Still in that case the bank has a claim on the money and they can't just 'refuse payment' since they already gave it out (if the information given is correct)

yes but that may explain why the bank hasnt heard anything on it yet

Sjaak said:

He paid with a credit card, this is his saving grace as he initiated a simple charge back. I called him in England yesterday and spoke to his mom, I explained the situation and gave her the information needed for the CC companies security dept.

Even though whitebloodcell went around our safeguards, Lutawicasa and I are still going after this troll as he is a continuing thread to our members here and at many other sites. This troll should not have registered here. BIG MISTAKE.

Silversinksam said:
He paid with a credit card, this is his saving grace as he initiated a simple charge back. I called him in England yesterday and spoke to his mom, I explained the situation and gave her the information needed for the CC companies security dept.

Even though whitebloodcell went around our safeguards, Lutawicasa and I are still going after this troll as he is a continuing thread to our members here and at many other sites. This troll should not have registered here. BIG MISTAKE.

Thankyou again for all you are doing. I hope you get him, anything I can do to help, obviously just ask. (Going round the safeguards wasnt my intention btw)

Back