• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think My RAC will GO UP!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I just passed the 15000 RAC credit Mark. And then made the decsion to OC it more.:screwy::screwy: ( I still got this Geforce 210 here that needs some work. ) Must get new Mobo soon. :shock:

SETI killed the 8800GTS yesterday. :( Everything had been going fine, except for an occasional driver reset issue (which I read up on and did a little tweaking to resolve), temps were good just under 70°C, I set the fan running at 80% (instead of auto at 60%) - it all looked great. Then yesterday morning I got a BSOD followed by increasing problems until it started artificing all over the place. :eek: So, I swapped for one of my 7900GTX's, got rid of all the old drivers, then swapped it back in and went with only a minimal driver install. The problem came right back. Dead card. :cry:

First off, where's the chin-drop smilie? That thread deserves three! ;)
(Thanks for the link.)

Well, QI is *only* a senior member. :p Maybe he just doesn't get out much.
That's pretty much the answer. There are some sections of the forum I just don't visit much. If Armageddon starts in one of the two Intel sections I'll be the last person on Earth to know about it. OK, maybe second to last - rseven will be the last. :p

Before SETI could use them I had little need to be up-to-date on video cards. Most of my gaming is strategy, simulation, or on-line (DDO), none of which require a lot of video power. (My 7900GTX's will probably last a few more years.)

I think I am doing it wrong. I am getting almost 17500RAC off of one of my systems with just a GTX 470 and a Phenom II x4 at 4.1GHZ:clap::clap:

which seems to be more than others on our team with the same card. I even have someone with 2 gtx 470 beat.

Why is this?

It could be that a bunch of units just got turned in by your wingman. That's why I like to look at the daily and weekly totals instead of just relying on the RAC. ;)

I think I am doing it wrong. I am getting almost 17500RAC off of one of my systems with just a GTX 470 and a Phenom II x4 at 4.1GHZ:clap::clap:

which seems to be more than others on our team with the same card. I even have someone with 2 gtx 470 beat.

Why is this?

There could be other variables other than difference between daily, weekly, and RAC.

Optimized BOINC vs stock can make a big difference.
overclocked CPU/GPU
Not everyone knows of trick to make GPU do more than 1 WU at once. I just found out a couple weeks ago and my RAC won't change to reflect that for a while.
Some people may also be using the PC for other things like playing games.
Also on my AMD rig, BOINC is set to use only 4 of the 6 cores

Lastly, my AMD rig is in pieces as I wanted to flush and refresh my WC set and now I got to wait for new part because a piece on Typhoon III suicided after I drained the water.

There could be other variables other than difference between daily, weekly, and RAC.

Optimized BOINC vs stock can make a big difference.
overclocked CPU/GPU
Not everyone knows of trick to make GPU do more than 1 WU at once. I just found out a couple weeks ago and my RAC won't change to reflect that for a while.
Some people may also be using the PC for other things like playing games.
Also on my AMD rig, BOINC is set to use only 4 of the 6 cores

Lastly, my AMD rig is in pieces as I wanted to flush and refresh my WC set and now I got to wait for new part because a piece on Typhoon III suicided after I drained the water.

Yea I suppose It's just my RAC seems rather high for one card and 4cores . (when I was looking around )

Back