• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want water cooling!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i know but that pump that i linked is cheap and would it work? wouldnt i need the resivoir anyways?

I just got my set up going and the pump I am using is a pond master (made by danner)
I got it at petsmart and it was on clearance.
It pumps 250 gph and I got it for 37bucks
I have a heater core from a caprice , got it new all copper 18 bucks
and I went for the tdx block from DD 52 bucks.
Tygon tubing donated from work :)
1 t fitting $1.16
2 80mm fans already had.

There ya go............ wc on the cheap

22c ambient
cpu 29c
athlon xp mobile @2.45ghz 1.70 volts

:clap:

whoever- whats the difference between the pump u linked and the one i linked?

this one for sure has an outlet that can have a hose slapped on, bu I still think I sucks, I would seriosuly consider findign some way of ordering parts online. or getting a bunch of caheir checks form 7 11 and mailing them in.

you could drop by lowes hardware or any other home improvement and pick up a hobby or small pond pump with inline capabilites. You're probably talking in the neighborhood of 40-50 bucks though. Greenman is absolutely right, if you're going to get one of those pumps from petco then just stick with your aircooling instead. Total junk.

Bboy_Jon said:
is it hard to build a waterblock? what would i need to make one?

If you can't find a decent kit, or know what a decent kit is I highly doubt you're ready to build a waterblock. Go read and ****

Be nice -Ridenow

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid questions? I wont bore you with the confucious quote.

I made my first waterblock before I even knew that there were watercooling kits. I know this doesnt apply to you, but we were all 'n00bs' once, and the only way to find out is to read and learn.

Read the Tips&Tricks forum on overclockers.com Bboy, watercooling. If you don't like reading and learning, then watercooling isnt for you :p .

Everything I know about it was mostly obtained from there, I even got the idea for my first (aluminum, ack) waterblock from some of the early slotted crossdrilled ones they had.

Bboy_Jon said:
nvm watercooling i quit

This is what happens when you get a little too rough.

Bboy_jon: Watercooling IS fun and satisifying. The thing is, would you like to answer the same questions over and over?

I really encourage you to try watercooling, but be patient...I spent over 3 months reading before I bought parts.

the problem that people don't realize is that good watercool system is not cheap. Guess they are used to the hsf that cost between $20-30. They can go "cheap" at a certain extent and minimize loss of performance but still will need to spend at least $150. A 15 year old kid without a job and unwilling to read and learn is not going to be able to get that far with WC.

nartac said:
the problem that people don't realize is that good watercool system is not cheap. Guess they are used to the hsf that cost between $20-30. They can go "cheap" at a certain extent and minimize loss of performance but still will need to spend at least $150. A 15 year old kid without a job and unwilling to read and learn is not going to be able to get that far with WC.
Are you mocking me? I'm 15 and don't have a job (but I am willing to read and learn)... Look at my rig :)

omg people i looked at the stickies and i didnt find anything, if there is something than i missed it but ive looked over the stickies for something that would help me many times and i never saw anything.

slaya said:
If you can't find a decent kit, or know what a decent kit is I highly doubt you're ready to build a waterblock. Go read and stop asking n00b questions.

harsh man..

Bboy, try the search function :p
Just go reading through old threads in this forum, you will always find something that helps if you look hard enough

Back