• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-8700k temperature problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustAli

Registered
Hello guys, i have problem with my i7-8700k. First iam using 130 x 56 x 398.5 radiator, EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM, i dont know exactly what procesor cooler iam usingbut it have lamellae so it should cool good, i have both graphic card and procesor cooled by wather. Problem is that when i had overclocked procesor to 4,8 ghz with 1,35 V i noticed temperatures around 90-100 °C after 30min-1hour of playing, so i just stop overclocking and set basic mod with 4,4 ghz, but again when i look at temperatures after 1 hour of playing its around 90 °C. Its too high i think, i have radiator in the front section of case and ventilators pull air out of case because i didnt have place for ventilators assigned to radiator from inside if you know how i mean it. There is problem somewhere and because iam not expert in pcs i need help from somebody more experienced than iam. If somebody have any ideas or you need more info just let me know i will appreciate it.

pictures would help, but it sounds like you do not have fans on the radiator.
is this correct?

If I understand you correctly, you have no fans on the radiator because you have no room, but you have fans exhausting your case.

You need fans blowing on the radiator man. There is nothing cooling your liquid.

Edit- Caddi understands the same ;)

Sorry guys i forgot on that, i have ventilators on radiator but they are not pulling air trough radiator because there is no room for them so they are placed on second side of radiator so they just pulling hot air out.

ok, you have the fans pulling air through the radiator and out the front?
if so, that's "ok" but not the best

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

please go here>>>>> https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

download hardware monitor, install it, open it, pull the window down so we can see all the lines from voltage at the top tp the drive line, that a screenshot and post it so we can see it please.

procák-1.png
procák-2.png
procák-3.png

If i go back to radiator, my radiators just pulling hot air out of radiator but they are not pulling cold into it, because they are behind radiator like if you look inside case, i have radiator on right side but ventilators are in right side of radiator so they dont cooling it as good as they can do if they gonna be placed better.

looks like the vcore voltage is high and may be in offset.
go into bios and set it to manual and 1.25 and try again.

Ok i will try to set voltage, and i this °C is when iam playing sometimes even higher around 90-100 which is crazy, pump is working if i set it on full i can even hear it, so it shouldnt be problem.

it looks like it was reset under load and then the screenshot was taken.
is this correct?

now!!!! I see what you are saying scotty.
need to make sure the pump is plugged in properly.

Exactly, and this is after i set voltage as you said and restart pc.
Procák - 01.png
Procák - 02.png

if i dont play anything i have good °C around 40-50 but when i start playing something it goes to 90-100.

fire the rig up, screen shot.
idle for a half hour, screenshot and post both screenshots please.

Yes it is D5, exactly this one which i have is not anymore in the most famous eshops in my country, it seems wierd to me, i had with this pump one problem maybe month ago, when wather flowed trough hole which is for rgb connector. I gonna complaint this pump after christmas anyways but now its fixed, do you think this can cause this problem with temperature?

how are you powering the pump. off a header on the motherboard or direct to the psu?
I don't see the pump running at about 4000 rpm in any of your screenshots.

and, as I remember, there is a piece of protective plastic on the bottom of the water block that is to be removed before installing the block to the cpu.
did you remove this protective plastic?

I powering pump trough psu, to the MB its connected just for regulation. right now i have it on normal mode, in full mode its around 4000. Iam not sure about which piece of protective plastic you talking about, can you tell me more about it? I already few times dismanteled expanzion and pump to clean it but i didnt see any plastic that looks like it should be removed.

Back