• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-8700k temperature problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmmmmmm, ok the ek site the manuals don't mention this at all?????

I e-mailed some people and have found that ek blocks come with a sticker that says "remove before use".
did you remove the sticker?

Last edited:
I powering pump trough psu, to the MB its connected just for regulation. right now i have it on normal mode, in full mode its around 4000. Iam not sure about which piece of protective plastic you talking about, can you tell me more about it? I already few times dismanteled expanzion and pump to clean it but i didnt see any plastic that looks like it should be removed.

Disconnect the PWM to the M/B so the pump will run flat out, constant pump varying is not a good idea IMO as it allows temperature build up that once a high is reached cannot be resolved. IMO PWM control is becoming brand specific to cause premature pump failure to sell more pumps, the argument of saving electricity on 12v DC is a freaking joke! IMO

The plastic referenced is the plastic on the face of the water block that is to be removed before the water block is installed.

IMO, if you intend going the overclock route on your 8700K, you are a prime candidate for a dual loop setup to isolate the CPUs overclock temperature from the 1080Ti temperature with it not even overclocked is very toasty.

The 1080Ti will keep your loop temperature hot enough to cause your CPUs overclock to reach unstable territory, then blue screen crash Bingo Bango!

If you are determined to run one loop, then you need more radiator cooling field to get the job done, simple as that.

It's amazing what's actually expected one radiator to handle with CPUs and Graphics cards getting hotter and hotter and hotter to run.

Most radiators that run the dimensions you posted are only running 43mm thick cores, even though radiators may seem to be the same as old days they really are not, WHY?

Because so many users have ran screws through the tubing installing their fans that radiators are now designed with the core being further set in and some even have made metal plates to stop the screws.

Which means in translation what you see in radiator dimensions is no longer what you actually get!

IMO the simplest solution is not to shrink the actual core but align the tubing so they're not in the path of the screws, a No-Brainer!

So many want to claim the 360 is good enough, yeah for a completely stock configuration maybe, but more cooling can be found with the proper cooling fans added as well, like at least 2,000 rpm minimum.

So there it is! SS

Last edited:
So if i get it right, if i want to have good cooling for cpu i should have really good cooled my radiator or have two coolings one for cpu and one for gpu? sorry iam using different account but i forgot on this one and than i created zmrzka but there can be only one account per person.
and iam not sure i get first two sentences.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

And this "The plastic referenced is the plastic on the face of the water block that is to be removed before the water block is installed." it means plastic sticker on logo of EK? because i dont see any other plstic that can be removed.

In manual which i got with pump is only "Installing the xtop and holder" and there isnt anything about plastic, and if you mean manual in link you sent me in post #21 i dont see there any pump like i have. Sorry for eventually misunderstanding but iam really not sure where you found manual for my kind of pump.

Oh sorry i was talking all the time about pump thats why i was so confused. Only thing for which i dont have anything is cpu watherblock, like i said i have it from my father, only thing i know about it is price 100e and that it have lamellae, and there wasnt this sticker because we was making this pc together.

ok!!so we can go on from here.
unplug the pwm control wire from the motherboard as silver surfer said in post #23 and try it again and post back results please.

So i unplug it from MB and after 30min in the load is temperature again around 80-90 °C, maybe can help to buy better ventilators like noctua what do you think about it? or maybe use new paste on cpu.

I already solved this problem, my friend came to me with new ventilators and now i have temperature in the load around 65°C, but thanks for your patience and help i really appreciate it .

Back