• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 950 oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emsiak

So I had my topic here but It seems got deteled. I was posting here information about my OC'ed cpu. from 3 ghz to 4 ghz, The problem is MY BIOS SETTINGS JUST RESETED FOR NO REASON. I was playing MAD MAX game and some times I got Nvidia drviers crushed. After a while I have seen FPS drop in game. I checked Cpu - z and I saw my cpu is non clocked. wtf? The problem is - I dont remember my all settings in bios.

BCLK 201
PCEI 100
UCLK 3224
API l8nk 7254
Extreme phase power moder mode auto
CPU voltage - ???
Cpu pll voltage 1.88
qpu /dram 1.28125
Dram core voltage 1.64
cpu apmlitude 800 mv.

Can you tell me if they are ok? and what should be my core voltage. 1.3 for stable 4 ghz? Is it possible to get more than 4 ghz and be stable? plz help me. I need fast advices.

MY PC:
Mother board Asus P6X58D-E
RAM : HyperX Savage 12 gb ddr3 1600 mhz CL 9 ( DO i need manually set my all CL's in bios?)
CPU : i7 950 3,07 ghz.
Corrsair TX 650W

Cooler is : Grandis Xe1236 v2

EDIT; I adding screens from bios. it will be easier for you to tell me what to change.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see anything deleted....

Anyway, is this a temperature issue?

Did you try reloading your settings?

Check our guide in the intel section, ultimate intel sticky thread for how to overclock.

U dont see coz I set new settings. The biggest temp. Which I achived was 67 C. Im looking for settings to get stable 4.2. And from the other hand how i Can upgrade my RAM memory for 2000 mhz?

Every chip is different so I don't know the voltage you need.. it's is trial and error.

Memory speed won't gain you anything for gaming. .

if u are sure about that overcloocking ram is pointless I won't do it than. I will try make stable 4,2 ghz with 1,4V core voltage.

Edit. So my temperature after 10 mins in OCCT is not higher than 69C at 4,2 ghz and 1,35 Voltage. Is it fine?

Last edited:
Back