• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If any of you have a ? about what 80mm fan to use I recomend this.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no it would be like 70 dollars if your talking pounds to US (or something like that)

Any way i saw some ppl posting adjustable fans. i say get a non adjustable you realy like and then getting a rehostat w/ like 4 nobs.

Footba_SWAT5420 said:
no it would be like 70 dollars if your talking pounds to US (or something like that)

Any way i saw some ppl posting adjustable fans. i say get a non adjustable you realy like and then getting a rehostat w/ like 4 nobs.

If it is 70 dollars then if I bought 10 fans I would be payin $700 for fans :eek:

Yep p=pence

there currently 92 pence (0.92 pounds) +VAT (1.09 pounds inc. VAT)

but the price dose change i brought 7 last week and they were only 51p+VAT each it depends on how meny are in stock

There is a American section on the site so i assume you can have them shipped in the USA

(1 pound = 1.58$)

a buck58 is pretty good.

I agree that the smt fan 2 is the best allaround fan but getting 6 of these cheapo fans is a better way to go. and if you dont have enough places to put them then do the shotgun thing ;)

quote:
Originally posted by TheMightyBuck
"curves to a 90 degree angle?" ?!?!?!?! would you mind informing us all what that means? i mean..... ??????????? way to be vague!

what he mean it's that the leading edge of the blade of the fan is essentially perpendicular to the trailing edge.

think of a pipe fitting, it forms a complete 90 degree angle, but it does it with a curved section in the middle.

is that sufficiently less vague?

Phugbox said:
quote:
Originally posted by TheMightyBuck
"curves to a 90 degree angle?" ?!?!?!?! would you mind informing us all what that means? i mean..... ??????????? way to be vague!

what he mean it's that the leading edge of the blade of the fan is essentially perpendicular to the trailing edge.

think of a pipe fitting, it forms a complete 90 degree angle, but it does it with a curved section in the middle.

is that sufficiently less vague?

vey well said!! that is exactly what I was tryin too say!! :)

Im only just starting to take notice in quiet or silent fans etc because I have just moved into my girlfriends and the puter is now in the bed room (got em both where I want em now :p hehehe)

My system is a dual P3 1GHz I had a couple of big HsFs on em but the noise... although I did notice it when I lived alone it is very loud in the room (gettin to the point that I cant here her moan for my puter wineing).

I just bought 2 Zalman CNPS-6000 Cu HsFs but now I have started lookin at cooling im wondering if I have bought a pup

I dont and dont plan to OC the switches so the Zalmans should cool it just fine as they are rated to cool the 1.4GHz Tualatin CPUs but if you guys have a better sugestion for me.

I will only really consider it if it is on www.ebay.co.uk NOT .com as shippin from the US is a killer (although I do get my disks from the US).

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

2 all the peeps wanting 80cfm intake

For everybody considering 80mm fans for intake with around 80cfm ratings, why not consider a couple 80mm panaflow U1As or H1As instead????

in most cases you can fit 2 80mm fans side by side at the bottom front of the case. combining 2 fans, you can bring in some decent CFMs without creating too much of a racket.

if using a hole saw is difficult due to metal missing where the auger of the hole saw would otherwise drill and center on, try attaching a piece of wood using screws or bolts behind the face of the case - that way the auger of the hole saw can drill through the wood and hold the saw portion of the tool steady and centered

you can also use a nibbler available at rat shack for about 10 bucks. just nibble away at the case creating whatever cut you need, one nibble at a time.

one more thing you can do to really clean things up us to cut out a rectangular/square shape from the front bottom of the case and attach a piece of abs plastic or sheet metal, or something else suitable to cover your square cut out using screws or bolts. one nice thing about doing this is that you can cut on a fresh virgin surface prior to attaching it to your case without being encumbered by existing case holes/structures when you're making your cuts.

hth

BdK:burn::burn::burn:

I second the Panaflo H1A as a good choice! It can move some serious air at full speed, but when combined with a rheobus or run at 7V is very quiet.

They can be found cheap too! I've got 4 coming tomorrow to replace the Addas in my Lian-Li.

Bilydkid, though are some GREAT tips on fan mounting!

Re: 2 all the peeps wanting 80cfm intake

thanx ElectroSoldier

bilydkid1970 said:
For everybody considering 80mm fans for intake with around 80cfm ratings, why not consider a couple 80mm panaflow U1As or H1As instead????

in most cases you can fit 2 80mm fans side by side at the bottom front of the case. combining 2 fans, you can bring in some decent CFMs without creating too much of a racket.

if using a hole saw is difficult due to metal missing where the auger of the hole saw would otherwise drill and center on, try attaching a piece of wood using screws or bolts behind the face of the case - that way the auger of the hole saw can drill through the wood and hold the saw portion of the tool steady and centered

you can also use a nibbler available at rat shack for about 10 bucks. just nibble away at the case creating whatever cut you need, one nibble at a time.

one more thing you can do to really clean things up us to cut out a rectangular/square shape from the front bottom of the case and attach a piece of abs plastic or sheet metal, or something else suitable to cover your square cut out using screws or bolts. one nice thing about doing this is that you can cut on a fresh virgin surface prior to attaching it to your case without being encumbered by existing case holes/structures when you're making your cuts.

hth

BdK:burn::burn::burn:

il second that

its better to have 2 or more low flow fans than 1 highflow fan

VERY GOOD POINT THERE SO TAKE NOTE :)

bumpity bump bump bumpity uppetty doo doopity doopity doo doopity dee deepity doo dumptity dum dumpity uppety. c'mon c'mon rise to the top.

Back