• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If any of you have a ? about what 80mm fan to use I recomend this.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fr3ak said:
Ahh just decided to buy the Thermaltake Smart Fan II Cool Mod :D
It looks very good, is effective, cheap and not that noisy. And if it is: 'Hear the noise-You know its running '

Where did you find the best price??

Can you hook up a Thermal Take Smart Fan 2 80X25 to a fan speed controler and control it completely manually instead of using the automatic controller? How does the Cool Mod know when the HDD is working? I want this fan, but i would like the hdd light to work, while me completely controlling fan speeds.

I'm ordering some new fans tomorrow....

Can you make the smartfan II run at full speed if you want it all the time? I'm probably gonna get an external fan controler soon so I don't wanna spend money on a fan I can't control... if so I really dig its 75.5cfm....:D

philbert said:
I'm ordering some new fans tomorrow....

Can you make the smartfan II run at full speed if you want it all the time? I'm probably gonna get an external fan controler soon so I don't wanna spend money on a fan I can't control... if so I really dig its 75.5cfm....:D

that is at 4800 rpm, which it is relitively quiet. this fan actually goes up to close to 6000 rpm. thats what, 90cfm?

modenaf1 said:

that is at 4800 rpm, which it is relitively quiet. this fan actually goes up to close to 6000 rpm. thats what, 90cfm?

where did you hear this?

Do you guys want to know the nursery rhyme about how my 80mm panaflo survived 12 years of cruel and unusual punishment?

It still works, is still quiet, and still pushes a lot of air.

For everybody considering 80mm fans for intake with around 80cfm ratings, why not consider a couple 80mm panaflow U1As or H1As instead????
Almost any midtower case and many minitower cases can accomodate two 80mm fans side by side mounted at the front bottom of the case without any modification other than cutting the 80mm holes.

2 lower CFM fans in combination will move just as much air with much less noise.

And if you'd like, you can put them on a rheo just as well for even quieter computing than that TTSF2, with equal or better airflow.

PEACE!
~BdK:burn::burn::burn:

I agree with your list of fans...all good choices.

I just ordered 2 of the Theramaltake SmartFan II from bestbyte.net for $7.99 each with $1.00 shipping per fan!

http://www.bestbyte.net/Product.cfm...ryID=8&Keyword=

So two fans cost $17.98 delivered, and they take PayPal!

Bestbyte has an excellent resellerratings.com score. The last order I placed with them was A+ in every category...they did everything right.

They also have a great deal on the Zalman 80mm FM-1 and 92mm FM-2.

Back