• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you OC to much..could this happen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It tops out at like...4500 rpm I think, it ussualy runs at about 4000 or 4200...plus I have a house fan on it...

Well, I have run out of Ideas to try. If everything is set as you say it is, then the temps should not be that high?????

All I can say now is take the HS off and clean the bottom with acetone or alcohol. Take the cpu out of the socket and make sure that the core is clean.....and then put it back together and make sure the sink is sitting firm.

Thanks for the help..I just finished sanding the heatsink with 600 grit, and I am currently trying to unlock the 1800+ so I can lower the multipliers...

you should fix that temp before doing eny clocking you will make the problem bigger when you take the heatsink off what kind off inprint dos it leave on the cpu and heatsink that should tell you if it's installed properly.

You could always make sure that you don't have too much paste applied. I've seen some processors installed with amounts that just make you wonder... All you need is a _REALLY_ thin layer.

If you try the heatsink when it's running that hot, does it burn your fingures? If you boot into the bios, does it show similar temps?

yeah, feel the heatsink and see how hot it feels. I would also get a more powerfull fan if possible a new cpu cooling setup like that watercooling, swiftech makes awesome waterblockes if you really want water cooling anyways. It would be alot cheaper just to get a better heatsink but...water is nice too.

Back