• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im fed up with Athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im VERY glad to hear everything worked out. was it the grills?
im cutting mine off on thursday, so i hope i see a drop (if it really is a 65% brop, than of the 100cfm of airflow going through, im only getting 35, eeeew

-Malakai

I choped mine out and it did increase airflow through the case. Worthwhile as it also cuts the noise quite a lot too!

Sadly, made not difference to CPU temps, but I would do it again. (well obviously I can't but you know what I mean :D )

http://www.coolermaster.com.hk/en/products/cooler/hhc-001.html

this is what made the biggest difference in mine. I was running a blistering 165 degrees farenheit on my processor with a 30 dollar thermaltake cooling unit. I put this cooler on my machine and it dropped 65 degrees just like that. Its fan runs at 1000 rpms less than the delta. I wonder if you could put a faster fan on it? Hmm.... anyway there are several reviews on it one review with 10 of the newest coolers head to head. CHECK IT OUT!!! later ;)

Last edited:
R4lN said:

this is what made the biggest difference in mine. I was running a blistering 165 degrees farenheit on my processor with a 30 dollar thermaltake cooling unit. I put this cooler on my machine and it dropped 65 degrees just like that. Its fan runs at 1000 rpms less than the delta. I wonder if you could put a faster fan on it? Hmm.... anyway there are several reviews on it one review with 10 of the newest coolers head to head. CHECK IT OUT!!! later ;)

But how quiet is the fan? I like the Volcno 7 I have but its so damned loud I use the factory fan. Also my cpu is unclocked but its a 1.5 ghz

R4lN said:

But how quiet is the fan? I like the Volcano 7 I have but its so damned loud I use the factory fan. Also my cpu is unclocked but its a 1.5 ghz

I dont know why that posted twice but anyhow I just did some comparing on the Heat Pipe and and the Volcano 7

Volcano 7
Fan Dimension: 80x80 cm
Max Air Flow: 46 CFM at 2900 rpm (this is the lowest possible)

Heat Pipe
Fan Dimension: 60x60 cm
Max Air Flow: 36 CFM (this is what is listed on the web page)

Hmm they dont quite match up unless that heat pipe makes up for what it lacks compared to the Volcano7. The concept makes sense, but actually performing is different.

yeah thats what i thought was soo neat about it. its fan isnt as big and not near as powerful and yet it cools just as well or better from the reviews ive read. But, we all know how reviews can be. None of them are the gospel Its a very good fan though if you go to www.coolermaster.com or coolmasters.com i cant remember, there are reviews everywhere about it and they arent done by coolmaster they are from magazines and things like that .. cya

Back