• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm writing my own

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
>> Have you sent me the source yet?? <<

No, not yet. I'm not on the right computer. I'll just get the file, but I can't do it now. Expect it in the near future. Thanks. And, anybody have a logo we could use? You will get credit :D

Garfield said:
Thanks. And, anybody have a logo we could use? You will get credit :D

Also, If anyone wants to make the graphics for the rest of the webpage and maybe the actual OS(If garfield likes that idea) it will be greatly appreciated. Your name will be on the webpage under the people who helped out so you will get credit for the logo you design.

Hey Garfield, just zip the source and attach it to a post, that would be easiest for me cause my email is screwed up againg. Thanx.

I've got some logos, but they may be waaaaaaaay too wierd (I probably shouldn't do such things at 1:30 in the morning). I'll post them, and you can make any suggestions. I've still got all the source images, so changing them is no biggie.
If you like one, tell me which and I'll post the hi-res version.
Here's #1:

pridelogobw1sm.png

Here's #2:

prideoffthewallsm.png

Here's #3:

prideoffthewall2.png

If you ask me, I think you should come up with a simple yet meaningful design.

The simpleness would allow it to be represented in alot of different mediums, and give the artists the choice of prettying it up.

XWRed1 said:
If you ask me, I think you should come up with a simple yet meaningful design.

The simpleness would allow it to be represented in alot of different mediums, and give the artists the choice of prettying it up.

I was thinking that too. If that's what he wants, then I'll be glad to take a stab at it.

Thanks, IdeaMagnate! I really do like them. But, XWRed1 is right. We should try to shoot for something more simple like he said. I would be grateful if you could do something like that. I still do like the given pictures though. I'll talk to drunkmonkey so we can put them up on the site, just not as the logo. Thanks!

Yeah, I guess I can see where drunkmonkey is coming from. When you did shrink it into the icon, it was hard to tell what exactly it was. Thanks all the same! :D

Garfield said:
Yeah, I guess I can see where drunkmonkey is coming from. When you did shrink it into the icon, it was hard to tell what exactly it was. Thanks all the same! :D

No problem. I'll see what kind of logo I can come up with for you. Were you thinking lion-themed or would any distinct logo do?

I was thinking lion, but if you have any other thing that doesn't have to do with lions I will consider it. Thanks, IdeaMagnate! I appreciate that. drunkmonkey, did you get my e-mail?

Garfield said:
I was thinking lion, but if you have any other thing that doesn't have to do with lions I will consider it. Thanks, IdeaMagnate! I appreciate that. drunkmonkey, did you get my e-mail?

Yep got it, I'll put it on the site tonignt, I'm at school now.
:)Whever i go onto my email server via school w/o my filters at home I get bombarded w/ loading hundreds of messages. Currently 1432 messages on my account that started November of last year :D. Not one of them is an advertisement.

The PrideOs website now has the bootloader available for download: goto www.drunkmonkey.barrysworld.net/prideos

We still need a good free webserver, any advice???

oh, btw, Garfield, what program do yo use to put the program on a floppy in the correct bootsector? I can put that on the downloads also. Also, can you write up a lil description I can put on the front page where it says blah and then has the lines?? Nothng long, if u don't want to.

Does it compile or not?

edit:

I just now skimmed the bootloader asm, looks like it is probably a typo.

drunkmonkey said:
I found a bug in ur source:
Line 43: AttSuMsg should be AttSucMsg right???:confused:
I'll update the source on the page when you say OK, just to make sure.

I don't know what to tell you. Just a typo, I guess. But I didn't modify the version or anything, I just...copied the file. Oh well, sure you can update it.

Back