• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ingersol, ON Canada: Fire and Ice overclocking event @ Fusion Youth Centre

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

fire and ice.jpg

June 25th, I will be doing an overclocking demo at the Fusion Youth Centre in Ingersol.

The event will be livestreamed Here.

nerds.jpg has donated a 8GB Patriot thumb drive, a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ cpu cooler and a Hitachi 250GB external HDD for door prizes.

Some newegg swag will also be given away thanks to I.M.O.G. for that :thup:

The Dice for the event has been donated by : al.jpg

Anyone between 12- 18 is :welcome: to come to the event.

I will be benching a 2600k under dice or SS on an Asus M4E. 1 gtx 580's under ln2 along with some G.Skill RipjawX 2133mhz hopefully getting some tight timings under dice.

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:
Thats going to be a very packed weekend. We have the MC event in STL as well.

Good Luck!

Thanks, hoping 2 gtx 580's on ln2 will get some mad globals on a 5.5 SB

5.5 sb is enough. If you need those cards modded before the event let me know. I think you only need the CB mod, I'm pretty sure your Voltages are pretty much unlocked.

Cb mod is just a bios mod right? Also I only have 1 of the 580's ATM. They are both unmodded. So I will need help this is gonna be my first time taking gpu's cold. Also my one card has a volt limit of 1.15V but I think it can also be upped to 1.212V with a bios mod.

I was hoping not to hard mod the cards. Since one is my daily card. The one I am buying should do 1350 core on ln2 with out any mods except slow mo bios. Buying it from Jody. Hoping my daily card can match it.

EDIT: I have never hard modded a card before, is it removable?

Last edited:
If I can convince my parents to make the 2.5 hour drive from MI, I might make it. :p

well if you can't make it you can always join the live stream :) sadly live streamers aren't eligible for prizes.

Hard mods can be removed. It just sucks lol. I would do research with your cards and see what mods are available for that manufacture. If they are reference go off of that.

I've removed a couple... It's a major pain, especially if you like to protect the solderpoints with hot glue like I do!

Yeah hot glue will take off components if your not careful.

Both cards are reference. If I do the mods can I still use them for 24/7 folding? Or will I have to put them back to normal. Pretty much asking can I run cb mod at ambient?

If you put jumpers to enable/disable the mods you can shut the mod off and treat it as a normal card.

Hmmm. Just wondering how to remove the stuff to do the cb mod and still be able to use the stuff. Won't removing the parts probably ruin them? The volt mods will be easy to jumper just worried about actually removing parts.

That's somewhat tougher.
If you do it right the components should be alive and re-solderable though.

I spend the extra couple minutes to put on/off jumpers on the cards I do now. Totally worth it.

That's somewhat tougher.
If you do it right the components should be alive and re-solderable though.

I spend the extra couple minutes to put on/off jumpers on the cards I do now. Totally worth it.

Well I got just over a week and I don't have any of the materials on hand for the mod and nowhere around to buy them from either. Thanks for all the tips. But I don want to possibly ruin $1000 in gpu's so I am just gonna use software mods. I will probably mod the cards after the event so I will post another thread at that time asking for help if I need it.

:bump:
the original post details has been updated.

prepping gpu for cold now :D next is ram then mobo :thup:

Back