• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ingersol, ON Canada: Fire and Ice overclocking event @ Fusion Youth Centre

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hope this went well, and wish I was nearer!

thanks, but I am sorry to say the event was a total bust for me boint wise. but for the youth centre a huge sucess :D

I did learn some valuable lessons for next time. so I won't have the same issues

What happened? You haz pics?

Well, to start. my 2600k that will do 5.5 on water was only doing 4.8 under an SS phase thats 100x48 when it usually does 100x55. I was getting some decent 3d03 runs going but since I was steadily improving the score each time I ran it I dind't take any screen shots. then it randomly it crashed in the middle of a test and had issues ever since then. didn't complete another... AM3 was the only thing it would pass. but thats not much of a gpu test. then my memory was being having issues after about 4hours of being subzero... wouldn't post until I unplugged the psu. then after a bit that stopped working. So in the future I am not gonna bother messing with my ram. just gonna run it on air.

EDIT: no pics... wasn't in the picture taking mood. Also I noticed a bit of condesation forming on my card right before I packed it in... so next time I am just gonna conformal the whole thing and forget about it!

:shakes head:

Does your SB board support OC Profiles? If so, set your card up on water and then set a profile. Odds are you were putting in way too much voltage under SS. This is a huge lesson Kyle and I learned on SB at the party in Philly. If you can use less vcore, do it, because less is more with SB. We crashed and crashed and crashed at 1.55vcore, but then dropped to 1.45 and boom, stable up to 53x and then we got to 54x by tuning the voltages.

I see. I never tried lowering the volts. I kept my water profiles so when it crashed(hardlocked in windows) I just upped the volts trying to stabilize. Also I wasn't using the ln2 mode switch on my M4E. But I will try next time. I am going to be giving it another go in 2 weeks.

Bobnova was saying that the ln2 mode switch can cause slow downs in performance, I have generally found that it doesn't do anything for me, Even under CBB.

I've found on my fast chip that anything past 1.63volts and It will just absolutely dislike the voltage. Generally I just mess with cpuio and a little SA. When the chip starts to want more vcore you'll pretty much be able to tell. Same with if you have to much SA or IO. Though IO seems to have a fairly large window of play before you get to a point that its just to much.

Well I have the board prepped again for phase. So I will try getting the cpu back up to 5.5 then I will try freezing my 580 again.

Back