• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed RAM and PC Wont Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EGAJohn

Registered
I just received my Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1333 1x4Gb module and installed it and my pc wont boot! It starts up and a few seconds later it shuts off then starts back up and repeats the process. I need help ASAP!

I've looked up how to do it but no help how would you clear it on a Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo?

I tried putting a jumper on the CLR_CMOS for a few seconds and nothing happened. I even tried removing the battery for a few seconds.

The parts seem to be compatible from vendor websites POV. Just for grins, try removing the new RAM, put your older RAM in and boot. Just wondering if maybe you loosened a cable or connector. If all is well, re-seat the new RAM following the User Guide for you mobo.

That's the thing I got rid of the old ram so im going to a local computer store to borrow their ram and see if I can change my bios settings so the mobo can run the new ram

That's the thing I got rid of the old ram so im going to a local computer store to borrow their ram and see if I can change my bios settings so the mobo can run the new ram

Try and return the ram and say it is defective.

Well the ram is practically brand new and I just need a bios update on my mobo but theres no way I can boot the pc to do so

Back