• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 750 AIC in server? Wise or stupid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Haven't posted here for a while, but I need a bit of guidance around the wisdom of using an 800GB Intel NVME SSD 750 AIC in a server running 2016 Essentials.

It will be a clean install, and I'm pretty sure that the installation part won't be an issue at all, but the 25 users will (most of them) be accessing a decent database or two and all of their data.

I won't be setting the individual devices up to backup to the server, and won't be redirecting folders either, so pretty much just a good fast file-server for the business.

I have a 1Tb M.2 drive and pci-e adapter card with fan, that I thought I would use, but figure maybe the 750 AIC might be a better option. Had originally hoped to use a 3500, 3600 or 3700 card but haven't been able to find one at a good price, hence te consideration being given to the 800GB Intel NVME SSD 750 AIC.

Value any thoughts/experience please before I pull the trigger. (If it helps, I will be putting the build together in a few months time, so if for some reason, prices are all going to crash in 3 mths, then that would be helpful to know).

Fritz.

Back