• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Intel D865GLC Motherboard Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevsim

I have an Intel D865GLC motherboard, it has connected 2 IDE HDD's and 1 SATA HDD, the SATA is C: drive.

Memory Channel A and B slot 0, 1 Gig memory 400, Channel A and B slot 1, 512 Gig memory 400.

I am running Windows XP Professsional.

My problems are -
1/ For the last few weeks there is a pause at the BIOS screen for about 40 seconds, then booting continues, does anybody have an idea what could be causing this 40 second delay?

2/ The arrangement of the Memory chips should give me Dual channel operation, but it only provides Single channel, does any body have any idea why no Dual channel operation.

I would appreciate any advise.
kevsim

The two modules need to be installed in DIMM slots 1 & 3 (Channel A, DIMM 0 and Channel B, DIMM 0) for a dual-channel config.

:thup:I have found the problem to both questions.
I opened the computer today and went searching.

The Start up delay was due to a faulty PATA drive, this was removed.

Not running Dual channel was caused by one of the 512 Gig memory sticks being double sided and not matching the other 512 Gig stick which was single sided.

All is now running OK.

kevsim

Back